Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > The big Challenge    

The big Challenge

lovinglondon
Spain

The big Challenge

Hi, I �m going to do the big challenge quiz with my students this year and I would like to ask some questions to somebody who has done it with his/her students:

- How do you plan your time to revise the tests with the students who are participating?

I �ve got more questions, but this is one of the most important. I would appreciate somebody shares his/her knowledge and experience in this type of quiz.

For those who don �t know what I �m talking about. This is the official site of THE BIG CHALLENGE (I don �t want to advertise, but this could be also motivating for your students)
Thank you!!

12 Nov 2009      

almaire
Spain

Hi lovinglondon,
     I �m going to do the big challenge quiz with my students, too. This is going to be our third year of competition. But I don�t exactly understand your question. I sometimes go with my students to the computer room and play the quiz. Sometimes, we do other year tests in order to practice. They can also do the quiz game at home. I think it�s a good way of revising English. They really enjoy the competition.
    If you have any doubt or question about the quiz, just ask me.

12 Nov 2009     

Blumette
France

Hi lovinlondon,
This is going to be the 6th year of competition for my school.All the pupils on one level participate even though it isn �t free...The pupils pay half of it and the rest is paid by the school itself.They really enjoy taking part of the challenge and they all win a small prize.There are also cups and medals-or even trips to Britain for the best ones....
It takes place in May and they start practising at home in March, then I help them with their revisions from April to May with the previous quizzes...If you need more information...just ask!

12 Nov 2009     

lovinglondon
Spain

Hi both of you!!!!!! Thank you very much for your tips!! I will bear in mind what Blumette says about the school paying the half of it !!! This year all the students who participate have paid themselves.....you know...the school says...."The crisis"...GOSH!!!
Almaire, I thought something similar as you. Taking my students to the computer classroom and practise with them. How often do you take them there?? I was thinking about giving a test (10 questions)  to them one week and work on those 10 questions in the computer room the following week in the break. I don �t know how to plan it!!!
GOSH!!! I think I �m more excited than them!!! LOL!!!
Thank you!!!

12 Nov 2009     

raquelgil
Spain

I everyone, I would like to join to this club but I do not know how. Can anyone explain me how to do it? thanks in advance.

12 Nov 2009     

lovinglondon
Spain

Hi Raquel,
This is a quiz contest nationwide. You must collect 3� per ESO students (min 35 of them) or if you don �t reach that quantity you must pay a minimum quantity of 105� (I think). Then you make the suscription and pay the money. You are supposed to practise with your students and in May (6th) the must take a test. They will receive a certificate and a magazine for sure and if they are on top they will receive more prizes. Anyway, you have more information on the site above. If you have any doubts, let us know!

12 Nov 2009