Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > How do you start your school days?    

How do you start your school days?

totya ( F )
Palestine

How do you start your school days?

Hi,

Here in Palestine, we usually start our school days with something called- school radio or school broadcasting - I can �t find the specific translation for it Embarrassed but what we do is that: The students make a daily programme for about 10 minutes before entering their classes.

My students usually introduce their programme on Tuesdays in English , they are from the 7th, 8th and 9th grades.

For many times , you teachers have shared in this activity because I have supplied them with topics, poems, jokes, riddles.....etc from this amazing site.
    So thank you all for your wonderful contributions.Clap

How do you start your days at your schools?

13 Nov 2009      

manonski (f)
Canada

I �ve taught some of my students for 6 years now so last September, on the first English class,  I prepared a PowerPoint quiz titled "Do you really know your English teacher?". I used a Jeopardy template. I asked them questions such as my favourite book, movie, music, my shoe size, my age, the time I get up on weekdays... It was a really fun activity.

13 Nov 2009     

lamyaa
Egypt

we do the same , morning broad cast , then usually one of our old teachers says a brief moral to the students then we go to classes.

i like 2 start my lessons with a game or a data show ...it is a great way 2 get them ingaged in the lessonThumbs Up

14 Nov 2009     

Moon22
United Arab Emirates

Hi Totya

We do the same in the UAE and it is called "the morning assembly" .. It is always in Arabic, but this year we decided to do one in English and it was about " Honoring Parents" .. It was useful and thoughtful :)

In Addition,  the English Teachers in my school and I will do a whole week assembly, next semester and it will be full of activities, competitions, riddles ..

In my classroom, I start the lesson with a powerpoint, a game "hangman" or a box that contains different questions and presents :)

Thanks for your interesting topic :)

14 Nov 2009     

bjkadige
Turkey

hi everybody

14 Nov 2009