Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Stolen worksheets    

Stolen worksheets

Martharamirez
Colombia

Stolen worksheets

Hi Everyone,

I �ve noticed, as many of you have, that there have been many stolen worksheets and that teachers who detect them write as a comment that they are stolen.
But I have also noticed that after four or five people have written STOLEN as comments, there are people who download the worksheets and write "Thanks for a wonderful worksheet" or the like.

Someone suggested before that teachers should read the comments before they download them, which I consider was a great tip and that �s what I �ve been doing. But I also think that there are many teachers who don �t have the chance to read these suggestions because they didn �t read them on the message board before the messages were stored.

So I have two ideas:

1) Is it possible to write tips on the lef part of the browser for teachers to always take into consideration? Or on top of the message board, or somewhere they can constantly be visible? Because I know that the teachers who �ve been members for a while know all of the precautions, but what about the new members?

2) Is there any way for a worksheet to be marked as stolen in the middle of it or on the description when people are gonna download it, so they are notified at once before they download, cause the teachers who don �t look at the comments download stolen worksheet before they are taken out. And just because they are taken out doesn �t mean that the person who stole the worksheet didn �t use as many points as possible before the worksheet was eliminated.

Anyway, thanks for taking your time to read my ideas.

16 Nov 2009      

erar2008
Spain

For those who detect stolen worksheets it would be a good idea to write a comment in the stolen worksheet rather than in the forum. Just a: "Don �t download it! It �s a stolen worksheet". I would appreciate it because I have no time enough to read all the comments in the forum. Thanks everybody for your sharings! 

16 Nov 2009     

colibrita
United Kingdom

Totally agree with you. It really sucks that people continue downloading even after the "stolen" messages. However, I do believe when teachers are in a rush the "stolen" comments can get overlooked.

I �ve suggested this and I �ll suggest it again, couldn �t we put a red flag by the thumbnail image - there �s no way THAT could be missed. Sure, there will be those that download anyway (afraid that they �ll have to spend a point to get it another day?) but I �m confident it �ll reduce the number of downloads.

16 Nov 2009     

s.lefevre
Brazil

I think that there is nothing we can do more that hasn �t been done yet. Mostof the teachers who download a stolen worksheet know it very well and don �t care. They want something and they don �t care where it comes from. This happens with the stolen uploaded and the stolen downloaded worksheets. There are and there always will be stolen worksheets. The only thing wecan do is report them and take the points away from the thief. The people who download can �t be punished, there is no way.

16 Nov 2009     

silvia.patti
Italy

Some days ago I proposed to put a red point on the stolen worksheets in order to pay attention before the downloading

16 Nov 2009     

zailda
Brazil

IMHO some teachers really don �t care. They only want the ws free of points - the original "costs" one point, so they prefer to download the stolen one. That �s a shame when it happens in a community of teachers, who are supposed to teach moral values besides English.

We suggested some days ago that the stolen ws were blocked for downloads since they are reported and if they aren �t removed, they will appear among contributions for the following day.

It �s astonishing that some "teachers" (if we can call them this way) don �t care about the hard word of those who contribute the most to enhance our work and our ss learning. But it �s the sad truth.

Hope it helps.

16 Nov 2009     

natalli
Belarus

As for me, several times I happened to notice the Stolen comment at the very last moment! But I think it �s not difficult to be more careful (what I �ve done since that time). It �s also very helpful when someone in the comment gives a referance to the original worksheet! In such a case it �s just shameful to be indifferent! You have all the possibilities to download the worksheet from the page of its real creator and to thank him or her!!!

P.S. I still can �t understand why stolen worksheets are not deleted from the site at once.�

16 Nov 2009