Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Post Graduation    

Post Graduation

dayssb
Brazil

Post Graduation

Dear Friends (mainly Australian and American) !
My fianc� and I are interested in Post Graduation or TAFE courses in Australia (mainly Perth) or in the USA. We`d like to know what`s necessary to attend these programs. He`s graduated in Administration and I`m a Portuguese/ English teacher. What about their costs and cost of living (renting and apartment, eating, transportation)? Thanks a lot.

16 Nov 2009      

Kate (kkcat)
Russian Federation

Hello,
can tell you some info about the USA. First of all choose a school and read about their requirements for international post graduate students. You will have to take GRE or GMAT. Then  you choose a school or schools and send your score there. If you have a degree in English language you probably won �t have to take TOEFL. Your b/f may be asked to take TOEFL.  Not sure though. Some colleges in the US will want a personal interview with you before they accept you. As for costs of living, they vary from state to state and from city to city. More exact information can be found on websites of this or that town or city and also some universities provide accommodation for post graduates. Sometimes it �s cheaper to rent an apartment somewhere around the college area. Post-grad programs are not free and fees vary from college to college. You may want to apply for the grant but it can be done only after you have paid for the first semester (again, not sure about all uni´s and colleges). The grant is not guaranteed, though. 
Hope it helps,
Kate.

16 Nov 2009     

KathieB
China

Check your PM

Kathie

17 Nov 2009