Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > help..    

help..

gyzmys
Turkey

help..

I need some simple pre-school activities about animals, colors and numbers.. Thanks in advance..

17 Nov 2009      

Timur.K.
Germany

Hi I am Timur!!!

I have three printables about animals. Perhaps you like them!!

17 Nov 2009     

Tatyana83
Armenia

hi!Wink

17 Nov 2009     

bruxamery
Spain

Hope you like them

http://www.eslprintables.com/buscador/author.asp?user=554447#thetop

17 Nov 2009     

ituska
Slovakia

Are you looking for any worksheet, song, game, ...? and how old are your kids?

17 Nov 2009     

gyzmys
Turkey

they are 5-6 years old.. and i am looking for games

17 Nov 2009     

ituska
Slovakia

Ok, my kids are much younger and they are really beginners, but maybe I can help you

Colours - we played a game (something like musical chairs). i put blankets of different colours on the ground and switched on the music. They had to dance. When I switched it off, I told the colour and they had to sit down on the blanket. For older kids you can make a competition and who is the last one is out of the game.

Animals - I do not know proper name of the game, but we call it Piggy, piggy, say "oink oink" :-) kids are sitting on the chairs in the circle. one is in the middle with closed eyes (you can tie a scarf around the head). The person in the middle sits on somebody �s legs and says: piggy , piggy, say "oink oink" (or he/she can choose whatever animal with the proper sound). So the friend has to answer and he/she has to guess who that person is. uff, hope you understood

And another game came on my mind, my preschoolers loved it - kids sit in the circle and choose some animal, they tell it to everybody. One person (has to choose an animal, too) is in the middle and for now is a zookeeper. He/she says: I am in the Zoo, and I see xx and yy (says two different animals). those animals have to change their seats and the zookeeper tries to sit down on the empty chair. Now the person who stays without the chair is zookeeper.
if zookeeper says: and I saw all the animals, everybody has to chage the seat.
You can change this game according the grammar you want to teach (for the past time they can say: Yesterday I was in the ZOO, and I saw... and you can make some sentence for future as well)

hope it was helpful... let me know, maybe I will remind some more games Smile

17 Nov 2009     

gyzmys
Turkey

thanks for all.. i hope they really help me..

17 Nov 2009     

gabitza
Romania

Hi gyzmys,

Have you tried the �Big window � game? Place flashcards on board / wall, pretend you are behind a big window. They can only see you, but they can �t hear you. Mouth the words, they shout our the word. Variation - give the FC to some Ss and mouth the words to the rest of the class. The class shouts out the word and the student holding it raises above his/ her head.

Another great idea - I borrowed it from IVONA - and applied it with my primary Ss (6-7 y.o.) - The fishing game. I made a fishing rod and on the string i placed a magnet. I put small cards in a box. Each card had a metal paper clip on it. I invited Ss to go fish. They caught one or more cards and had to name them / place them on a poster in a certain place, etc. Variation - I printed small cards with B&W pictures, folded it so that the picture didn �t show, they went fishing, caught �fish � (animal pictures), unfolded and mimed the animal to the rest of the class who were supposed to guess it. Lots of fun!

Hugs,
gabitza

17 Nov 2009     

Akanah
Spain

Hi!

@gabitza, I love the fishing game idea! I �m gonna use it :=) Thanks for sharing!!

Olga

17 Nov 2009     

gabitza
Romania

Akanah - not my idea - Ivona �s. She had this �Treasure box � Ws with awesome and fun ideas that really work well in class. It �s a pity she has deleted all her Ws.
My thanks to Ivona!!!

17 Nov 2009     

1    2    Next >