Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > TO SCAN OR NOT TO SCAN. THAT IS THE QUESTION!    

TO SCAN OR NOT TO SCAN. THAT IS THE QUESTION!

Carla Horne
United States

Dear Veljaca82,

Do you mean that if Victor could be here full time that we wouldn �t have to be moderators? I would pay for that! I bet it would also cut down on the truly stolen material, and we wouldn �t have members with multiple accounts if it cost them money.

Carla

19 Nov 2009     

zailda
Brazil

Good - reading the faq and also the site rules before starting uploading;

Good - search your own clipart, pay if you think you should, and add your own work & tasks for students;

Good - Scan an image but prepare your own exercises

Good - inspiring in someone �s (or book) game or activity and create your own, with the same rules & style

Good - if you want to use other member �s clipart & layout, ask for permission first.

Bad - pay for the ws. The best in this site is that if you want to take, you have to give first, and this improves not only your lessons but also your wss and skills as a teacher.

Bad - copy & paste without the member �s tasks

Bad - lyrics, poems, or the like, without tasks or a purpose, except from gaining points.

Awful - uploading other member �s material as yours.

Hope it helps

19 Nov 2009     

melahel7
Canada

Carla �s suggestion is interesting, it would definitely help us get rid of stealers.  As for the cliparts, I absolutely disagree.  Cliparts do not belong to anyone unless you have a website membership dealing with royalty-free cliparts, which very few people have.  I did address this issue in the past.  If people were  to unconditionally respect clipart copyright issues, very few worksheets would be created.  I still don �t get why some members truly believe the you-should-ask-the-author fallacy.

19 Nov 2009     

libertybelle
United States

Who ever said Victor wanted to work full time here?
How do you know that Victor doesn �t love his teaching job?
That is a lot to presume.

19 Nov 2009     

alien boy
Japan

Zailda - right on the money!!!

Succinct, clear & anyone should understand.

Thank you!

Sam, I think it �s really good to ask these sorts of questions, especially if you �re just starting out in the community.

Cheers,
AB

20 Nov 2009     

jdrc
Spain

Hi.
I didn�t mean to offend anyone with my comments.  The idea of Victor working fulltime was a way of saying have people making sure things are beening respected and done the proper way and if members payed 5 or 10� would be so people like Victor could live off of this (if they wanted to of course), simple as that. All these ideas ran through my head because of things I read on this forum about people stealing others hardwork just to get points and I agree 100% that this is a good sharing system. Once again I�m new on this web and I deeply agree and will easily make an effort to share my 16 years of WS.   

Thank you all for your opinions-

jdrc  Smile  

20 Nov 2009     

crisholm
Spain

This is all very well, but one detail has been left out: Victor himself. This website is great, the envy of many continents. We squabbly teachers continue to support him and can �t imagine the site without such a level-headed guide. What about the rest? Give up his life to content us?
I myself like teaching. And therefore I assume that this website, the daily work it implies, the patience, the effort, the appreciation of creativeness in others, can only come from a passion for teaching - would you let this sap run out of your daily life? Give`up your students, the sparkle in their eyes when you come up with something great (taken from the site, of course, thanks ever so much!)... and become just a virtual teacher manager...?
You can �t ask that from anyone (even if you need it...)
This website could only have been created by someone who feels deeply about teaching. And by teaching I mean being there, face to face!

20 Nov 2009     

jdrc
Spain

Good point crisholm.

20 Nov 2009     

< Previous   1    2