Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > How many users upload worsheets???    

How many users upload worsheets???

Damielle
Argentina

How many users upload worsheets???

Look at this notice that appear at the top of this page:

Today,9-11-2008, we are 86324 registered users and we have 87973 printables. 

The average is 1.019 worsheets per member. So my question is the following:

If the number of registered users is so close to the number of printables, Do all the registered members  upload printables???

9 Nov 2008      

Choli
Argentina

Some weeks ago, the number of users was larger than the number of printables. I thought that uploading a worksheet was compulsory in order to become a member. Perhaps it�s just a question of updating/refreshing site counters.

Hugs

9 Nov 2008     

Pastanaga
Spain

I have been wondering about this, too.
Very probably lots of registered members have never contributed with printables. This site is very attractive and appealing to everyone but when people realise it requires active participation some do not want to get involved.

Bye!

9 Nov 2008     

velinam
Bulgaria

This is very interesting, but don`t you think:  - i`m a new user too, and i`m afraid to upload worksheets because i never can be shure that  someone else didn`t post the same idea on 87973 worksheets ... tell me...  i have to preview all of worksheets before posting.
What do you think about this?

9 Nov 2008     

trelly
Argentina

It�s really awkward looking at those numbers, because I can�t stop thinking about the many worksheets uploaded by Frenchfrog, Victoria and Pika (and many other users too, but these three are the ones I remember now!) And if you think twice about this, there are many users with no printables. 

I guess that many people registered and found out that they had to upload something and get some points before being able to download - and they went away perhaps. I�ve seen some active forum users with no printables posted - and I can�t understand why they are here (don�t get me wrong, but I think that eslprintables users are not here just for forum discussions)

Velinam, I think that not uploading "the same idea" is not the problem here.

Teachers here upload the worksheets they create and use in class. So if you and me, for instance, decide to create a worksheet on numbers using pictures of Mickey Mouse, noone is going to say "Hey, this user uploaded the same that this other" because our work will be different! And perhaps there are other worksheets about numbers with pictures of Mickey Mouse here in the site, do you see what I mean?
Again, worksheets here are created by users, or sometimes they are adaptations of other worksheets (from here or from other places) so I see no point in "having to preview all the worksheets from the site" as you said.

Hope you had a great weekend and are ready to go back to work!

9 Nov 2008