Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > Powerful teaching: whole brain teaching    

Powerful teaching: whole brain teaching

Damielle
Argentina

Powerful teaching: whole brain teaching

I have shared this video in the caf� and lots of people liked it very much

I want to share this video about a whole braining class. I �m always curious about how other people teach...

Marieth�  asked me for more information so I have searched and got the following. Click on the titles to see the links

Whole Brain Teaching (Power Teaching) Lesson 4

Whole Brain Teaching (Power Teaching) Lesson 5

Definition
Whole-brain teaching is an instructional approach derived from neurolinguistic descriptions of the functions of the brain�s left and right hemispheres.

Hope you enjoy it and find it useful!!!

24 Nov 2009      

JulietaVL
Mexico

Thanks Dami... I find this very interesting.

Thanks for the links and for sharing 

24 Nov 2009     

Victoria-Ladybug
Israel

http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=784

more links about POWER TEACHINGStar

24 Nov 2009     

miss_marina...
Chile

Thank you a lot  for sharing the video and the links. They seem really interesting.

24 Nov 2009     

serennablack
Portugal

oK, that approach seems to be so interesting. I already use gestures along with speaking in my classroom, but this is taking it to another level. Thank you so much for the links. I think I will use some ideas.

24 Nov 2009     

mailis
Greece

thank you very much for sharing,

actually these videos are food for thought.

On the one hand, they are full of energy and it �s a nice and effective method for teaching. It seems that children grasp whatever they have been taught as they can repeat them themselves right away. I must admit that i watched many of them (really interesting) and...I wanted to be in that class.Thumbs Up It keeps children alive and focused...

On the other hand, I agree with �ladybird �. I couldn �t imagine myself either being that kind of teacher. Also....the children �s reaction reminded me a little bit of robots...

anyway..those were my thoughts that i wanted to share with you...

Thank you very much Damielle...keep sharing!Clap

24 Nov 2009