Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Exactly Why I Did Not PM In The First Place...    

Exactly Why I Did Not PM In The First Place...

Mahalo
United States

Exactly Why I Did Not PM In The First Place...

Just recieved this PM from Samantha, who had a very inappropriate avitar. I will put her on the ignore list from now on, but to those that asked why I did not discuss this with her in a private matter, this is EXACTLY why...I knew that she would be PM �ing me.

Some advice- Victor, I think this child should be removed from this site. She has certainly caused a lot of commotion,  and it seems to be CONSTANTLY! She does not represent what a true professional should stand for. I certainy would not want my child to have a teacher that acts so childish..

I refuse to play into this matter anymore. I have much better things to do with my time. Have whatever kind of picture you want to represent you, like someone stated before, what you think is funny may be hurtful to others. Think about it before you act. Someday, you may hurt the wrong person, or find the tables turned.

This website represents the whole world. I am sure that a lot of others feel that what you do or say represents what kind of person you are....

Any by the way- I did NOT see your apology post (I do not spend a lot of time on this site)-so do not start accusing until you know the facts, I have NOTHING against you, and do not want to discuss this further.

Have a good day.

"Just in case you don �t see this..

@
Mahalo With this person!?
Sorry, but I have come to realize that for some reason you have some personal issue. I never crossed words with you and you came up with this whole thing!
As I said today, I apologize if the cartoon truly offended people but I �m not apologizing to the ones (you for example) who were such a bunch of barbarians who are unfriendly, unhelpful and all around ignorant. 

Kou kou..O)))"

25 Nov 2009      

MarionG
Netherlands

Come off it mahalo,
No need to make such an issue out off it. Other people had no problem at all with it. Very often I see posts or avatars that cause me to frown. Not so long ago someone posted a "peace" poem that got some people upset (and was indeed offensive to Iragi members). If one needs to blow a fuse everytime something doesn �t completely fit one �s line of thinking there would be no end to it. True, sometimes it would be a good idea to think before posting but on the other hand, we are all human and therefore all of us may once in a while simply act from the heart or on a whim before considering all the implications. On a site so diverse (and therefore so wonderful) as this one it is also nearly impossible to think of everyone �s sensitivities. Imho, if there was no intent to offend, a frown is all it takes to get over it!

25 Nov 2009     

_babz
Canada

someone needs a kit kat break.

25 Nov 2009     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Oh no, not again.
I think most of us has more important things than to read and here this all over again for two days.
Just get over it and maybe we should be more tolerant to each other (as teachers should be).
I am willing to remove my comment if Mahalo will get over and remove hers so the forum might be used for REALLY impportant things and not for silly arguments.

Have a nice day everybody, MichaelaHug

25 Nov 2009     

victor
Spain

THINGS YOU SHOULDN �T DO IN A FORUM:

- Choose avatars that could offend others.
- Use the forum when you could use a private message instead.
- Publish other users � private messages in the forum. This should NEVER be done. NEVER.
- Bringing the same topic to the forum again and again.
- Insulting others.

I will only add that I really hope this will be the end of this topic. There have been things that shouldn �t have been done, but we can all learn from this.

25 Nov 2009     

HARIM
Morocco

Mahalo, You are right.No one would have accepted that PM.It �s added insult to injury;but I �m sure that your wisdom,kindness and forgiveness will reign over carelessness and haste.  Have a nice day !

25 Nov 2009     

mr.dgdln
Turkey

she is actually what she accuses people of! so please do ignore her insulting words just as I did for her childish comments in the previous link:

25 Nov 2009