Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Helping poor chidren in South India    

Helping poor chidren in South India

jessicae
Spain

Helping poor chidren in South India

Good morning to everyone,

I know maybe this is not the most appropriate place to post this link, but Christmas is coming and I thought some of you might like to know about it.

Some years ago, while travelling around the south of India, I met a local who was running an NGO ( non governmental organization) to help not only women but also children in his village and county. This local is Wilson, an amazing man who believed he could change things a little bit , so he decided to create this organization in order to give his people an opportunity. This is not a huge organization, it is a very small one, and it can only work through donations, but I can tell you that things work there and that donations get to these people.

Now that Christmas is coming he wrote an email to me ( and also all the contacts he has) so that he can collect some money to give children a Christmas present . This present consists of 5 kg rice ( which cost only 2 euro).

If you are interested in helping Wilson and his children, please check this link. He would be more than happy to let you know about his projects and to see that people from around the world want to give him a hand.

Thank you for paying attention to this message and sorry if I bothered someone who might think this is not the right place to post this type of contents. For more information about the organization, check this link:

http://www.bgm.org.in/index.html

30 Nov 2009