Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > I´m very sad!!!    

I´m very sad!!!

Je suis papillon
Argentina

I´m very sad!!!

Hi dear colleagues!
Today I�m writing you to inform that two of my recent contributions have been removed. Today I entered to the site and I recived the following message: 

eslprintables
Spain

Your contribution CHRISTMAS CUSTOMS: GREETING CARDS has been removed
Dear user,
This is a message to inform you that your contribution CHRISTMAS CUSTOMS: GREETING CARDS has been removed for the following reasons:
It is a copy from un top of the page u can see the web address

This decision has been voted by the moderators of the website.

If you think there has been an error, please contact the website administrator, including the id. number of your worksheet:335358

eslprintables
Spain

Your contribution CHRISTMAS CUSTOMS: SANTA CLAUS has been removed
Dear user,
This is a message to inform you that your contribution CHRISTMAS CUSTOMS: SANTA CLAUS has been removed for the following reasons:
It is not an ESL resource

This decision has been voted by the moderators of the website.

If you think there has been an error, please contact the website administrator, including the id. number of your worksheet:335338
But this is false!!! It took me time to look for the drawings and prepare the readings about customs. I was very clear when I posted next to my contributions the following:

Hi!!! This is the third part of the christmas customs set. This is about whitewashing meaning. You can use it as a reading and make your own follow up activities or tell it as a tale for little kids. The drawing was taken from www.coloring-pages-kids.com, and the text was taken from "The teacher�s magazine. a�o 6. n�65. Editorial EDIBA. ARGENTINA". I hope it will be useful!

I�m very upset! The two removed ws were completely mine! They only admit the third part, which has been done in the same way that the other two. I don�t understand! I�ve already sended a message to the web administrator, but I think that youneed an explanation too.
And please....don�t think I�m a robber because that�s not true!!!!

Thanks for your time!

1 Dec 2009      

Nessie33
Germany

Dear Je suis papillon,
  I am sure nobody  thinks bad about you , because  its a mistake they have to prove. You ve made allready sooo nice WSs!Big smile

1 Dec 2009     

victor
Spain

Hello,

As you say in the worksheet description, the picture was taken from a website, and the text was taken from a magazine. Therefore, there was nothing created by yourself: no exercises, no activities...
Nobody says that you are a robber, but you have to understand that if you copy a text (not copyrighted) you have to add your own exercises or activities to consider it an original work.

Best wishes,

Victor

1 Dec 2009     

ryanski
Poland

Hello,

Je suis papillon - I have the same problem - work removed without a valid explanation, I am still waiting for an answer...

Victor - yes, if you just copy and paste form the internet its pretty pointless, but we all have a right to use and ADAPT AUTHENTIC material which is the orogin of the vast majority of teacher made lesson plans!

ryanski

1 Dec 2009     

lhmoniz
Portugal

I �ve already had some of my nationality worksheets deleted. I was shocked too and I  haven �t received an explanation yet. Victor said they weren �t an English resource, but he himself has some similar flashcards on his contributions and didn �t delete them. I don �t know what the criterium is?

1 Dec 2009     

silvanija
Lithuania

If you take a text or a picture from somewhere you have to add your own tasks or exercises. You have to add your personal touch, your own work to it.

1 Dec 2009     

Nessie33
Germany

I am sure EVERYTHING has an explanation Smile So we have to hear  WHAT is happaned to explain for Ihmoinz too...

1 Dec 2009     

English971
Guadeloupe

I can understand what u feel I had the same problem and until now I �m waiting for an answer from the administrator.

1 Dec 2009     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Dear Ihmoinz,
I don �t know exactly all wss Victor has but there is one thing you should be aware off.  Victor �s wss you are talking about are probably from the beginings of this site. The very old worksheets may not match today �s criteria as the rules were different than. So it may be the explanation you are looking for.
The site grows, there are new users login every day and the rules have to adapt. Every ws should contain some activity added otherwise it may be considered as non ESL resource (which could have been your case).

@Nessie33 - I don �t want to cause any argument, but I �ve got the feeling from your messages you are strongly against moderators. It makes me sad as moderating is not easy. It is time-consuming and I am sure all of us are doing the best.

Regards, Michaela

1 Dec 2009     

moravc
Czech Republic

For newbies:
1. You can copy a non-copyrighted picture or a text BUT you must write your own ACTIVITIES to go with
2. Please avoid uploading very short simple worksheets, if you copy pictures + write 10 words, PLEASE upload several pages of these simple worksheets. Spend some time working on the worksheet...
3. Before you upload think why your worksheet is worth downloading... If you think it is too plain, add some more pages / activities...
4. copy-pasted pics + texts are not ORIGINAL worksheet, so it will be deleted and you will lose your points...
5. If you upload a HARD WORK, your worksheet will be downloaded by tens of teachers all round the world...
6. The more you give, the more you get :-)

1 Dec 2009     

ryanski
Poland

it looks like there are many people waiting for REAL explanations as to why their worksheets have been removed.

come on eslprintables - respond to your community!

ryanski 

2 Dec 2009