Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Visible cells on worksheets    

Visible cells on worksheets

wilwarin32
Argentina

Visible cells on worksheets

Hi, everybody! Many a time, when I �m browsing the Reported contributions section, I come across ws which have been reported as if they were taken from online exercises �cause cells are visible. It doesn �t necessarily have to be stolen. When you use Word Forms, you can insert drop down menus, and text entry fields. If the Ss do the exercise on the computer the exercise becomes "interactive". If not, you can print it out and the cells will be shown, anyway.
The point is, that we might be reporting ws as stolen from the web, when they might be not. If we can �t provide a link, then we should assume that it �s original work... shouldn �t we?
I use Word forms myself .
What do you think?
Hugs, Hug
Luj�n

2 Dec 2009      

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

It has been stated some time ago that wss with visible cells are considered as a copy from the net. And if some members use WORDforms (as you do), the should mention it in the description.

2 Dec 2009     

Zora
Canada

I do agree with Luj�n... Links should always be provided and if it is indeed as he has pointed out, then I believe that is an even bigger reason to provide a valid link back so the moderators can double check the source if a worksheet contains cells.

2 Dec 2009     

wilwarin32
Argentina

I didn �t know that an agreement on this topic had been reached before! Thanks for the data!
C U!

2 Dec 2009     

Zora
Canada

I never heard about this agreement.. in fact, if the link would be provided for me that would be great.

2 Dec 2009     

wilwarin32
Argentina

I think so, too. Anyone could upload sth stolen from a web page and say they created it using Forms, and then it wouldn �t be regarded as stolen. mmm... It �s very difficult to tell one from the other...Confused 

2 Dec 2009     

alien boy
Japan

a link is the defining proof that is required... aren �t members innocent until proven guilty... or am I getting that back to front...  Angry

2 Dec 2009     

wilwarin32
Argentina

That �s what this is about! I don �t think we can say that a ws is stolen just because it �s got cells instead of a line or dots to fill in! 

2 Dec 2009