Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Our beer special tonight is a pitcher of local draft with a half dozen wings for $12.99.    

Our beer special tonight is a pitcher of local draft with a half dozen wings for $12.99.

sebas555
Chile

Our beer special tonight is a pitcher of local draft with a half dozen wings for $12.99.

can you tell me what this means pls

i dont understand WINGS

thanks

10 Nov 2008      

fayefaye
Canada

Hi,
From what I know, wings means chicken wings; sometimes it means the middle part only, not the whole wing.

Cheers,
Faye.

10 Nov 2008     

GIOVANNI
Canada

Hi:

Wings mean chicken wings.  In North America you find chicken wings and beer in pubs.  People here like to eat chicken wings in bars as a snack.

Hope this helps.

10 Nov 2008     

sebas555
Chile

thankssss a lott!!!
and what about half litre container??? for wines could be

11 Nov 2008     

Zora
Canada

In North America, usually it is always served with beer or ... perhaps a glass.. of wine. I don�t know too many people that go for wings and wine.. but I guess, it is possible!

Wine is usually sold by the bottle or the glass... at least in North America. I think there are half-bottles but they aren�t half litres.

11 Nov 2008     

MissMelissa12
Peru

pitcher= a container for beer. Its like 4 glasses of beer.
local draft = is just a way of distributing the beer
wings= rosted chicken wings

At bars in the united States (maybe other countries too) people have chicken wings with beers, usually when there is a game this is the tradition thing to eat .

Thumbs Up

25 Jan 2009