Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Use of prepositions    

Use of prepositions

esss
Portugal

Use of prepositions

Hello

Can anyone help me with this exercise! I don �t know which preposition I should use:

Young europeans have many chances to live and study in/at other European
countries. Socrates is the name of an EU programme for/of/in cooperation on/with education.This programme helps develop contacts all over Europe not only with/for school children but also teachers, to discover the language and culture of their felllow Europeans and everything they might have in common. All Eu schoolboy/girl can participate in this programme from/by the age of 15 upwards.
Information on how to partiicpate in this programme is formally given by the administration of/from most schools or universities You can also get information from/on the Internet at http:europa.eu.int|

I would be grateful if you could help me, thanks!!

2 Dec 2009      

libertybelle
United States

Young Europeans have many chances to live and study in other European
countries. Socrates is the name of an EU programme in cooperation on/with education.(this sentence doesn �t make sense?)
This programme helps develop contacts all over Europe; not only for school children, but also teachers, to discover the language and culture of their fellow Europeans and everything they might have in common. All EU schoolboys/girls can participate in this programme from the age of 15 upwards.
Information on how to participate in this programme is formally given by the administration from most schools or universities You can also get information on the Internet at http:europa.eu.int|

I would be grateful if you could help me, thanks!!

2 Dec 2009     

baiba
Latvia

There is a mistake in this sentence - Socrates is the name of an EU programme for/of/in cooperation on/with education.

Should be -
Socrates is the name of an EU programme for cooperation in education.

2 Dec 2009     

libertybelle
United States

Thanks Baiba
I just couldn �t understand what that sentence was about.

2 Dec 2009     

esss
Portugal

Thank you, Baiba and Libertybelle!
 Can you tell me where I can find more information about the use of prepositions?

Thanks!!Smile

2 Dec 2009     

baiba
Latvia

Welcome, esss and LB! I just worked on this programme, that is why I know what it is about. Approve

Dear esss, try searching the internet, there are hundreds of sites where you can learn about prepositions.

2 Dec 2009