Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > disappointed    

disappointed

Zora
Canada

I am quite sorry to hear what happened. But next time if I were you, don �t lie about something like that. If you are asked "If the others helped you." - just do not answer -  silence sometimes tells it all - or tell the truth if you feel up to it. Covering up for others is not a good thing and honestly, it will just make you bitter...

Take comfort in your students but remember - who makes your day bright, who appreciates your work, and do the other teachers, that didn �t bother to help, are they really there for you when you need them at the end of the day?

4 Dec 2009     

misseleonora
Argentina

My dear,

Agreeing with all our colleagues have said, I MUST TELL YOU THIS: VALUE YOUR WORK!. And you know what I mean?  Tell the other teachers " I did it all myself. I love doing it for my children, but people, next time I NEED HELP-
Don�t keep silent! I am almost 40 and with the time I have learned to be compassionate  but on the other hand to VALUE MY WORK and TO SAY WHAT I THINK.

So, next time, ask for the help you DESERVE.
and by the way, what school do you work at? Because I teach privately and also work for Dream On, a company that brings proffessional native speakers storytellers to Latinoamerica, and next year when I have to call Argentine schools I will know if I am talking to your unhelpful colleagues.
Go on working with love! God and life always MAKE IT UP.
best,

4 Dec 2009     

Carla Horne
United States

Dear Titla,

I am so sorry that you were put into this situation. From my experience, when you are asked DIRECTLY, it is better to tell the truth in a quiet, nonjudgmental way to your boss. They usually find out anyway, and you want your boss � trust. PLEASE, don �t go back to your boss today, but in the future, when asked DIRECTLY, just state the truth without saying anything bad about anyone else.

You are obviously a wonderful caring person! Don �t let this get you down. It was for the students, right? And that �s all that matters!

Today will be better!!! Smile

Hugs,

Carla

4 Dec 2009     

< Previous   1    2