Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Just clarifying...    

Just clarifying...

ryanski
Poland

OMG this is too much! we are all busy teachers with enough to do - who has time to read and stress about these �rules �? who has time to produce 100% original worksheets - we are not publishers!!! use common sense. no one wants to see copied worksheets on here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1kqqMXWEFs

5 Dec 2009     

Lana.
Ireland

You aren �t very polite.

I wouldn �t have started this thread if there wasn �t need.
Believe me, I am using common sense, and personally I think this site needs straight and clear rules to avoid misunderstanding and outraged posts, we �ve had a few of those this week. 

It is not about producing 100% original worksheet (this is impossible, even the document format was created by Microsoft), it is about making creators � and moderators � life easier.
As you said, we �re all busy teachers.

5 Dec 2009     

aftab57
United Kingdom

Lana,
I don �t think anybody can sum up the rules any better than you �ve done.

5 Dec 2009     

ladyqueen
Azerbaijan Republic

hi, everyone! How are you?Tongue

5 Dec 2009     

ladyqueen
Azerbaijan Republic

hi, everyone! How are you?Tongue

5 Dec 2009     

Lana.
Ireland

Thanks aftab!!!

Finally some appreciation...Hug

5 Dec 2009     

Damielle
Argentina

I appreciate your effort to summarize useful rules, Lana. I think that Greek Proffesor and you have done a very good job. Setting clear rules is absolutely necessary.

5 Dec 2009     

elderberrywine
Germany

sounds good, Lana

5 Dec 2009     

izulia
China

Thank you Lana for this thread. I am quite new to this site and I was not not quite sure what is allowed and what isn �t. Your summary of the rules is very helpful. We all DO use our common sense, but it IS better to know what is allowed and what isn �t.

6 Dec 2009     

ryanski
Poland

hi lana,

please dont take offence - there is non intended. my comments were not directed at you personally, but your post only highlights the fact that many users feel aggrieved about the inconsistencies in the rules.

in fact i think you have actually tried to clarify the rules and respect you for that. my point is the moderators must be CONSISTENT. sometimes there seems to be no rhyme or reason to why a worksheet is rejected. i feel that a lot of users would feel more heard if they received a clearer explanation for rejected worksheets.

remember, we (the contributors) are the reason the site exists in the first place, and there should be very clear definitions of what is allowed. 

we all want the same thing - great resources for teachers!

6 Dec 2009     

< Previous   1    2