Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Teaching old people..    

Teaching old people..

arafaelpg
Portugal

Teaching old people..

Hello, I �m Rafael and I teaching old people and I need your help and share experiences. Thanks.

6 Dec 2009      

gloriasmartins
Portugal

Hey Rafael! You�re teaching old people?! Do they have any prior knowledge of English? Please, tell me more about yr class and i �ll probably help you �cause I �ve been also teaching adults!
Take care!

6 Dec 2009     

libertybelle
United States

How old is old?
In my day we never trusted anyone over 30 because we thought THEY were old!LOL

7 Dec 2009     

martafonteslima
Portugal

Hi Rafael.
I also tought adults. And I stil do, ocasionally. Mostly CNO and EFAs. I just finished a class (Ingl�s Atendimento) I Know that sometimes it is not easy to find materials for grown ones. Please say if I can help you.

7 Dec 2009     

GIOVANNI
Canada

I also have been teaching adults for a number of years and you will find that there is an abundance of worksheets on the site that will definitely help you. If you need help  let me know.  Be careful when you call people old we have a few old hens on this site who still consider themselves spring chickens.   Big smile

7 Dec 2009     

lillizen
Brazil

I also teach mainly young adults and adults.
I �ve had a few older students, over 50.

Not too different from the other adults.

I would love to teach old students, like, in their 70 �s.
Then, I guess you gotta have a different approach. ^^

7 Dec 2009     

MissMelissa12
Peru

Hi there!!

It would give us better hints to advise you if you could be more clear about the age of your students rather than just saying OLD.
I dont think you mean to say anything wrong and I dont know if the word OLD is wrong but some people might not like it, your students might not even like the idea of being called OLD.

Personally, I �d be more than happy to PM you with a few ideas.

Miss Melissa. Hug

7 Dec 2009     

Lana.
Ireland

Hi Rafael,

I don �t know exactly how old your students are,
but here �s what I found:

Good luck with your "old" students!.. LOL

7 Dec 2009     

portugueseteacher
Portugal

Hi!
I teach EFA which means that I have students whose age goes from to 30 smt to 60 smt!
It depends what �s your concept of old!
Personally , I think age is just a number as I had enthusiastic senior students who were hard working and younger ones who diddn �t try so hard!
I think it depends on the people!
Just try to specify what are the contents you �re exactly teaching so that we can really help you!
See you!

7 Dec 2009