Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > twilight help needed     

twilight help needed

missluly
Fiji

twilight help needed

from twilight...

......even when each tick of the secnd hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise.
it passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does....

could u help me please with this translation?

it can be spanish, french, portuguese or english explanation,

thanks in advance

10 Dec 2009      

Zora
Canada

Well, it is comparing the slow passage of time with pain that she is suffering. How time pulses i.e - the second hand ticking away - is comparable to the throbbing one feels sometimes when they bruise or hurt themselves.

Then it says that "it passes unevenly" - time and the pain, i.e sometimes it �s stronger, sometimes not... time - sometimes races by or drags by.... but eventually, time passes and wounds heal...

And that is my interpretation of the passage LOL

10 Dec 2009     

celine1
France

I can help with a French translation... as I �m French, after all :)

Le temps passe, meme si chaque seconde qui passe fait aussi mal que le sang qui bat derriere une blessure (un hematome). Il passe irregulierement, en flashs etranges (parfois)et (d �autres fois) en se trainant, mais il passe.

10 Dec 2009     

Ide_Bere
Mexico

Hi, this is how I �d translate it to spanish:

... a�n cuando cada segundo que pasa duele como cuando la sangre pasa debajo de un moret�n. Pasa sin continuidad, con extra�as sacudidas y periodos de calma eternos, pero eventualmente pasa...

I hope it helps you.

Berenice

11 Dec 2009