Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > about the images we put on our printables    

about the images we put on our printables

ELOJOLIE274
France

about the images we put on our printables

Hi everyone!!!
I know the "rules" concerning the printables in general, but I still have a few questions about the images we can put on our printables.

- Most of the times, I find images on google, am I allowed to put them on my printables?

- second question: for christmas I want to buy a software that contains thousands of pictures/cartoons... will I be allowed to put those images on my printables?

- last question: I sometimes use the software "the sims 3" to create my worksheets, can I put images from that game on a printable? (I already did it, and my printable was never deleted - I had said where my images were from - , so I guess it �s okay but...) -

well, I hope you will help me what I can do and what I mustn �t do!

Elodie

16 Dec 2009      

celine1
France

Hi Elo... I use the Sims 2 sometimes for my worksheets. I �m sure this is no problem, you create your sims yourself and you display them in a way that helps your worksheets, it �s your own work.

I �m sure that Google images and the picts from your soon to be bought software are absolutely fine also, let �s see what the other members think. But to me, as long as you arranged them in a way that still makes your worksheet your own creation, it �s all good! I mean not everybody draws everything from scratch on their worksheets! Me, sometimes I do, but sometimes I use google images also.

Good luck! :)

16 Dec 2009     

JulietaVL
Mexico

As long as you use free images or you pay the site or program to use the clipart, there is not problem in using the images.

16 Dec 2009     

marylin
Germany

Hello! I also use a collection of free clipart (20 CDs and many thousands of pictures) that I bought some years ago (but also selfdrawn pictures). I could even use the images for professional purpose if I wanted to. But this is why I feel quite safe not to use pictures with copyrights on. But you really never know!

16 Dec 2009     

ELOJOLIE274
France

thanks everyone! I �m quite unable to draw my own images (except for cats, butterflies and dolphins Wink) and i �m glad to know that I won �t have any problem using images from google or my soon to be bought software!!!

16 Dec 2009