Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > A way to track the worksheets you download    

A way to track the worksheets you download

suterja
Japan

A way to track the worksheets you download

I posted yesterday about an idea, but people did not understand what I was saying!  I work in a school system where I cannot use USB thumb drives and I cannot access the work I save from one school computer to another.  Since I cannot take my own computer to school, there is no other way to keep the worksheets that I download off this site without printing them and physically carrying them with me everywhere I go.  I am suggesting that there be a link, like "my printables" that records which worksheets I have downloaded.  I know that if I leave a comment about the worksheet that I will know I have downloaded it, but I still have to spend time to look for it.  If I had a list of worksheets that know I had already downloaded, then I think it would be much easier to access them.  I am just asking if anyone else would find this useful?

17 Dec 2009      

darryl_cameron
Hong Kong

I could not agree more.

I was in a job last year where I was in 4 different schools a week. I found myself re-downloading WS due to last minute ideas.

Thanks for putting the idea out there.

17 Dec 2009     

ilona
Costa Rica

Great idea

17 Dec 2009     

_babz
Canada

GOODLUCK,.I �ve been asking for such a feature for a long time.....

I redownload worksheets all the time....I now have the points to spare...but still...it would be a great feature...

17 Dec 2009     

poleta
Spain

I recommend you this tool

https://www.dropbox.com/Dropbox is the easiest way to store, sync, and, share files online. There �s no complicated interface to learn.

17 Dec 2009     

suterja
Japan

Thanks for the link, but my school has that website blocked for some reason. 

17 Dec 2009     

bopper
China

HELLO.

JUST E-MAIL(ATTACH) THE FILES TO YOURSELF OR A FRIEND.

THIS KEEPS THEM PERMANENTLY DATA BASED AND ACCESSIBLE!!

GO TO YOUR SENT ITEMS ANYTIME, AND THERE THEY ARE.

I SET UP A G-MAIL ACCOUNT SOLELY FOR THIS PURPOSE

BAM!!

17 Dec 2009     

Damielle
Argentina

smokenams �s idea is OK. I usually do it. But I don �t agree with poleta �s idea because we shouldn �t upload the worksheets taken from this site in a public place where anybody can share them. It �s up to his/her creator to do it and  not up to the downloaders.

17 Dec 2009     

eng789
Israel

I agree with smokenams - I think its the best system.  You can open files/contact lists and organize you wss.  My contacts are actually the levels/classes I teach and then I have different ones for grammar wss,  holidays,  reading comp etc.
As damielle duggested - uploading to a public place can be dangerous.

17 Dec 2009     

nite
Spain

I like the idea, but I think there is no space in this site to have a folder for every member here to keep a record.

In Gmail, there is a virtual online pen where you can drop the worksheets and the option of not sharing them with anyone. Another thing is that you do have access to gmail from your school...

Ah! Morning!

Anna  

17 Dec 2009     

nita551
Spain

Hi!

I don�t think Poleta�s idea means that uploading the files will make them available to other people, only available to you �(unless you "decide" to share them with others), anywhere you want.

17 Dec 2009     

1    2    Next >