Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Worksheets in colour?    

Worksheets in colour?

ayten67
Turkey

I also like colours and I like teaching with them =)  I want my student to add pictures frames ,etc to their homeworks. They say they enjoy a lot while doing. They do very well , cause they know I like colours... Our walls are covered with their homeworks .our class looks great with homeworks =)

23 Dec 2009     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

I never use coloured wss in my classes because I simply cannot print 150 copies for all my sts. I even don �t like all these coloured wss very much as most of them are not editable and ( as written above) they don �t have much of content.
Sometimes I print some ws in colours to stick it somewhere on the wall, but I have never downloaded Vanda �s ws (for example).
And even thought I upload coloured wss, I also have B&W version and those are only the ones I use for myself. But most of people here seem not to be interested in the content, but in the artwork only, which makes me sad:o(

23 Dec 2009     

ayten67
Turkey

dear Misa you have too many students. I have 20 students . By the way there are many worksheets in this site which are both useful and colourful =0)

23 Dec 2009     

JulietaVL
Mexico

Everytime I read someone "complaining" about coloured worksheets I can �t avoid getting mad...

Don �t you know you can print them in gray scale? Not because they are coloured it means you HAVE TO print them in colour, don �t you think?

There are AMAZING wss in colour like these ones... full of CONTENT, full of images, good explanations, etc.

What student would not love to learn with this one?? attractive, creative, simply wonderful...

Stop saying coloured wss do not have content... if you do not like it, do not download! and this is not sad at all

23 Dec 2009     

libertybelle
United States

A teacher here said that she scanned the colored worksheetss to her computer.
Then she showed them in class on a overhead, smartboard or what ever she had.

The kids answered the questions in their small workbooks. This saved paper and
also let the kids see the ws in color.
Sometimes she copied the sheets in black and white.

I believe that we have to take care of nature by not always printing out thousands of papers.

I just read about a school in Germany that never uses paper. They have a program where the teacher uploads the assignments and the students send their finished essays to the teacher who then corrects them and sends them back - all without one single sheet of paper being used.  That is such a great way of protecting trees and the environment.

L

23 Dec 2009     

ayten67
Turkey

it may be good for teachers who dont have too many students  but there are many teachers with 100 or more students. It is difficult for them to correct all answers and send them back. But for me _ I have 20 students_ it is a great idea =0)

24 Dec 2009     

zailda
Brazil

Hi!

I started preparing colored wss since last year (before signing for ESL Printables) and since they often look bad printed in a B&W version, or lose part of the beauty that pleases students, after printing all of the ws at home for 6 months,  this semester I started sending them to my students by email or posting on my blog.

Most of the students joined the idea and printed them at home, did as homework and we corrected in class and developed some activities with them. When I had available time they printed it for use in class. When they missed a class they prepared it at home and I corrected after class.

The results were so good that the director decided that next year all teachers will send extra work by email and the school invited me to prepare a 3-hour course on the subject and to teach my colleagues how to use internet resources to save paper, time and increase the students � learning.

The school brand (CCLS) also agrees with this point and all the branches (more than 900 schools in Brazil and other countries) will be oriented to start the same procedures.

EDIT: The course will be in February, and I�ll prepare some powerpoint and other material to give teachers (around 100) who�ll participate in it, and I�m planning on uploading the material here after the course takes place.

24 Dec 2009     

marylin
Germany

For me it is the same as for misa, I can �t use coloured worksheets at school because it is just too expensive. I have several classes in English and at school I can only make black and white copies. Of cause I could print at home, but the printing colours are rather expensive in Germany, so I only prepare a coloured folio for the projector sometimes. But for worksheets I always take the black and white versions. I think very often there is a difference of (colour) quality if you just print a coloured worksheet in grey scale or prepare it in black and white right from the beginning. Very often you can �t see all the little details on a grey scale ws that has originally been in colour. So I still prefer the black and white versions when making my own materials, or if I take colours, I try not to take too dark ones. Happy Christmas to all of you!

24 Dec 2009     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Oh, dear Julieta. 
Have you ever printed a ws in grey and white scale? The quality is mostly very poor. I totaly agree with Marylin;o)) 
So don �t get mad  and accept other member �s opinion (at least at this wonderful time ;o)

Merry Christmas to all nice and kind members of this site.

@Dear ayten67: Yes, I teach children from 5th to 9th grade, 6 classes from 16 to 27 sts. A tough job sometimes;o)

24 Dec 2009     

JulietaVL
Mexico

I do have done that, that is why I mentioned it and I always accept other`s opinion, I learnt how to do it from you, thanks!!!... hehehe... but above all

Merry Christmas for you too dear Michaela!!

24 Dec 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    Next >