Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > What your ws description tells about YOU    

What your ws description tells about YOU

maker1
Turkey

@Caro80, You shouldn �t make generalisations. Not all Turkish Publishers are dishonest as ASF Yayıncılık. Neither are the rest of us snow white.

26 Dec 2009     

Sonn
Russian Federation

Maybe I �m a wierd person but I rarely read descriptions to wss.

26 Dec 2009     

zailda
Brazil

Tatiana, I �m not impolite, if you read it again, the post is just to help teachers who ask "why have I got only 2 downloads?" and sometimes the ws is good, but writing a description like the ones you saw, it �s unlikely to be downloaded.

Hey, don �t you have sense of humor? I wouldn �t leave such comments on a ws, but I can �t help thinking this sort of things...

Have a nice day / evening.

26 Dec 2009     

Tatiana712
Belarus

You know ,Baiba, words like these do not encourage me at all, sorry. I am sure all the authors think their ws are masterpieces.  

26 Dec 2009     

Tatiana712
Belarus

Good day /evening to you, Zailda. Do you really ask yourself "why have I got only 2 downloads?" I don �t. I am grateful to all the authors here. THANK YOU, DEAR COLLEAGUES! You always inspire me and give new ideas ! Thanks a lot!

26 Dec 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

I know for a fact that my printables are not masterpieces but I know they can be useful for some teachers.

As far as I �m concerned, Zailda only wrote what I �m sure some of us thought sometimes when looking at the recent contributions. I know I did. It has been discussed in other threads how important it is to use the description box wisely.

26 Dec 2009     

zailda
Brazil

Dear Tatiana:

The aim of this thread is to help teachers think on a better way to describe their ws. As I always do, I did it with my "sense of humor". If you don �t have sense of humor, please calm down and read it again. I �m not here to be impolite, but members who write descriptions like the ones in the examples show lack of respect or consideration. Is this the way they would fill out a form applying for a job? Why don �t they take seriously the ws description?

The description is an important part of the job, because more than one ws was saved by its description. And many members complaining here about unfairly removed ws heard this question: "Why didn �t you write it in the description?"

26 Dec 2009     

Tatiana712
Belarus

Dear Zailda,
Now I have no sense of humor....... Well, I really do NOT have your sense of humor. ..... Hmmmmm...then this is not a talk at all.
Besides, when you write a post, you should be ready to listen to different points of view.

26 Dec 2009     

Sonn
Russian Federation

I think there should be pieces of advice here and not only quotations and funny comments if you want to help teachers to describe their wss better.

26 Dec 2009     

zailda
Brazil

I �m ready to read all the comments about mine, but it �s the first time someone told me that it �s not polite to think something about what you �re reading... I �d never write such things, but I may assure that it �s exactly what I think when I read such descriptions? Is my mind impolite? 

26 Dec 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9    10    Next >