Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Holidays!     

Holidays!

vardaki
Cyprus

Holidays!

Hello teachers all over the world!!!
Holidays, rest and  many people here in Cyprus criticize teachers that they do not work at all(!!!) and are highly paid...Big smile
Schools here open the first Monday of Septeber and close the third Friday of June. And 15 days for Christmas and 15 for Easter... and some others days off...
We work in primary schools from 7:30 until 1:05... with an hour or two rest!(Monday-Friday)
And the salary is quite high compared to other jobs. Almost 2000 euros for new teachers.
What about our job in your country?

Greetings from Cyprus

26 Dec 2009      

zailda
Brazil

Overworked and underpaid...

26 Dec 2009     

vardaki
Cyprus

Dear Sinziana
 "2000 euros/ month for the new teachers??? Well, in this case, I �d like to teach English in Cyprus, too"
1. I � m sure life here is more expensive than in your country
2. I � m not just an English teacher. I teach 5 lessons(Greek, Math, History, English,
Christian Religious) in a class of 22 children (4th grade)

26 Dec 2009     

mirabel
Turkey

Teacher have ,more or less, same problems I think..
But teaching them their "history,ancestors" is priceless.

26 Dec 2009     

Sara26
Brazil

You might have an idea taking a look at this thread:

27 Dec 2009     

Damielle
Argentina

Dear vadaki,

Having 16 years of seniority, I earn the equivalent to 650 Euros. A new teacher would earn about 400. It �s one of the worst paid proffesions and the people always question our holidays so the government is always thinking to add more and more classes to the school year so the "lazy" teachers don �t enjoy such long holidays!!! Our holidays run from January to the mid of February and then we have two free weeks during July.

Note: Life here is very expensive but they seem not to realize that our salaries are not enough.

Conclusion: Do you have a teaching position for me in your country? Confused

27 Dec 2009     

MarionG
Netherlands

Can I come to cyprus as well?

27 Dec 2009     

Kate (kkcat)
Russian Federation

Cyprus is a great place to live in but I also think that teaching so many subjects isnt an easy thing to do! But I �d like to visit Cyprus and maybe teach ESL there? :) 

27 Dec 2009     

silvia.patti
Italy

In Italy, new teachers are less paid than the others. At the moment I teach 12 hours and I get about 900 euros (if I had 18 I would get about 1200).
We have school from 15th September until 5th June (the days aren �t the same every year), two weeks of holidays for Christmas and one for Easter. Sometimes we have an extra holiday: this year we have had the 2nd November and the 7th December.

27 Dec 2009     

yolprica
Spain

I thought Spanish teachers were badly paid but I �m learning that we are really well paid and have more holidays than you all. 
Hugs
Yolanda

27 Dec 2009     

aniapen
Poland

Polish teachers used to work 18 hours weekly. Now it �s 19 and it �s going to be 20 hours next year. After 5 years, I would earn the equivalent to 400 euros. It would, however, be very difficult to have a decent life with such a salary (especially having to pay off the mortgage), so I have two jobs at the moment (earning about 700 euros monthly) and I spend 36 hours teaching at schools and about 20 at home preparing lessons. And, well, we have two free moths in summer. It �s a pity, though, that it �s too expensive for us to travel abroad for holidays :)
All the same, I looooooove teaching, I can �t help it :)
Hugs,
Anna

27 Dec 2009     

1    2    Next >