Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > National flags    

National flags

akuzmenok
Ukraine

National flags

To moderators
I always pay attention to and wonder which country the donator is from. I am not very familiar with some national flags and would love to see the abbreviation of the country next to the flag (at least). Every donator raises the significance of his coountry by excellent ws.

7 Jan 2010      

serene
Greece

Hi!

If you slide the cursor over the flag you will see the name of the country.

7 Jan 2010     

akuzmenok
Ukraine

I do. Thanks serene from Greece!!

7 Jan 2010     

izulia
China

I agree with akuzmenok. I �m also not familiar with some flags and would love to know where those teachers contributing great worksheets, etc are from. It �d be nice to see the abbreviation of the country next to the flag.
By the way, akuzmenok, where are you from? :)

7 Jan 2010     

izulia
China

Oh, I just saw serene �s post. Thanks serene! I can see now that akuzmenok is from Ukraine!

7 Jan 2010     

Amaras
France

Unfortunately you can �t see it with chrome :(. But firefox and ie work fine I guess.

7 Jan 2010     

Sara5
Kuwait

Thank you very much Serene for the useful tip.

7 Jan 2010     

baiba
Latvia

You can �t see the name of the country with Firefox, only with Internet Explorer. Unhappy

7 Jan 2010     

Kate (kkcat)
Russian Federation

In Firefox, you should right-click on the flag , then �properties � and you will see the  name of the country. 

7 Jan 2010     

anitarobi
Croatia

There �s one thing that rarely makes me look at countries - there are many people who haven �t put their own flag here, and there are those who have put the flag of the country where they currently work, not their homeland... Anyway, I have to say I rarely look at the flags - I look at the work. Either you �re a good teacher or not, regardless of your country. But I must admit it �s really interesting to check, from time to time, how wide this ESL world has become. My sts love it when I tell them from which countries some of the wss are - it makes them feel a bit like travelling around the world during English classes.

7 Jan 2010