Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Organising worksheets    

Organising worksheets

Bare
Croatia

Organising worksheets

Hi dear friends !Smile

I �ve been a member of the site for several months and now I have a ton of useful wss. During the holidays I reorganized my folders and changed a bit the system of naming them but still I �d like to know how you do it.

I have separate grammar folders ( adjectives,adverbs,modals,past,present...) , 1 vocabulary folder with lots of subfolders (animals,food,house...), culture, speaking, reading, pronunciation_listening,writing, misc ,sentence,verb( for phrasal verbs)......

...and naming files is a nightmare...

What about you? How do you do it ?

Hugs, Hug

Goga

7 Jan 2010      

JulietaVL
Mexico

Take a look here =)

7 Jan 2010     

Bare
Croatia

Thanks, JulietaThumbs Up

7 Jan 2010     

anitarobi
Croatia

If you have good icons for your folders, and if you �re a visual type, it can do loads of good. A firend of mine gave me great icons (apparently, you can download them free from the internet) and they really help. For instance, there are topic icons (Santa �s face for Christmas materials, snowflake for winter, Easter eggs for Easter, flowers for spring, etc.), though when it comes to grammar it �s a bit tricky. Good question, though, and great link, Julieta... I had great order in my PC last year, then decided it was just too much for my PC to handle, so I burnt all the data on a backup CD and deleted it from my PC. This is a great system if you don �t do what I did then - emptied the recycle bin before checking the CD. Of course, Murphy �s law in action - the CD wasn �t burnt properly so I lost so much of my folders that I hate to even think of it.
Btw, nice to see a friendly face from Croatia here....

7 Jan 2010     

izulia
China

My question is to anitarobi. I �ve never heard about icons for folders and I thought this idea was absolutely great! Could you please explain why you decided that it was too much for your computer to handle? Do these picture icons take up too much memory? Did they slow down your computer? Do you know if they are they actually safe to have on your PC?

Thank you

7 Jan 2010     

anitarobi
Croatia

Sorry, Izulia, I was away for a while, so I couldn �t answer. No, the icons weren �t a problem, but the amount of documents I had in my PC. I have been teaching for almost 17 years now, and before ESL, I mostly made my own wss, so I really had lots of plays, grammar, tests, rhymes, etc. with lots of pictures (which I now know how to reduce, but didn �t always). That �s what I burned and lost. The icons are easily stored into your PC (windows has a folder for them, or you can make a new one and save it anywhere in your pc, even on the desktop). Changing them then is easy - right-click the icon of your folder, go to properties, then customize, then change icon - and then you simply browse through your pc to find where you stored them and choose one, click ok, apply and enjoy it. Only seems hard the first time you do it. Hope that answers your question.

7 Jan 2010     

Bare
Croatia

Thanks Anita,Hug

I sent you a pm.

7 Jan 2010