Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > ?????Lessons a week?????    

?????Lessons a week?????

rosacas
Spain

I teach in Catalonia (Spain), at a primary school. We teach about 23 lessons a week, most of them from 50 minute to 1 hour long. I think that �s enough and sometimes too much if we want to prepare motivating classes, with lots of oral work, use of ICT, etc...

8 Jan 2010     

DUSIA
Poland

Hi there!
In Poland teachers full time equals 18 lessons + 1 hour of extra classes  (45 minutes each) a week. Together with overtime it can not be more than 27 lessons a week. In fact lots of teachers work in two schools or give private lessons ... We are used here to coplaining but now I will complain no more... Hang on there!
Best regards!
Kasia

8 Jan 2010     

vardaki
Cyprus

I am a teacher in a primary school in Cyprus. I  have 27  40minute lessons a week. I am a class teacher. I mean, this year I only teach class D (4th grate) with 22 pupils (the highest is 25). I teach Math, Greek, Art, English and History.
We have to stay in the school from 7:30 - 13:05. In the classroom we have just 2 computers, a printer and projector. This year we wait interactive boards
Our salary, I think ( after a search) is too high.

8 Jan 2010     

belfer
United States

In US, where I am teaching ESL on the elementary level, my hours are from 9:00 A.M. to 3:00 P.M. every day. In between, we have one period for planning and a half an hour for lunch. Of course, I spend more time after school preparing my materials and organizing them for the next day, that �s not paid. Altogether,  I spend on average 25 hours per week teaching my students, I think this is just right.

9 Jan 2010     

angelamoreyra
Argentina

hi In my case I work 24 50 minute lessons  a week ,I work in four schools so imagine most of the time I am on the bus ,it would be great if I could work in only one school those hours so I didn �t have to travel so much.Most of the schools have very little resources,for instance I have to carry my cd player to the class maybe I hate that part and the trip,finally we(Argentinian teachers )are on strike many times a year because of the low salary and poor working conditions so this is not a paradise, but I really love my work AND LUCKILY WE ARE ON SUMMER HOLIDAYS.HUGS FROM ARGENTINA.

9 Jan 2010     

JulietaVL
Mexico

In Mexico a full time teacher works 42 classes a week (50 min each) and this is only in one school...

I work 48 classes a week and enjoy it a lot, but I do finish my days very tired

It was nice to read you all

9 Jan 2010     

GIOVANNI
Canada

I teach English Immersion to adult students and our classes are from 8:00 a.m. until 3:30 p.m. everday.  We have one fifteen minute break in the morning, one hour for lunch and one fifteen minute break in the afternoon.  We prepare our lessons on our own time and are not paid for that. 

9 Jan 2010     

rakelsg
Peru

Hello,
First of all here in Peru the school year goes from March to December, and summer vacation is in January and February.
Well about classes, some teachers (a small group) may work for hours in different places, give their classes and go to another school or place. But a big number work all day (morning, afternoon or evening) in the same place.
In my case, I work at a highschool from 8 to 3pm; however, I have 24 lessons of 45-50 minutes each and in between the lessons, we have some "free time" for planning our work, checking homework, have something to eat or just sit and breath Tongue
After school, I work at a language center from 4 to 9 pm. There, I have 15 more lessons (90 minutes each). I know it may sound a lot (or maybe not Wink) Fortunately, I love teaching and when you do something you really like, time just passes by.
By the way, thanks to all the teachers for their contributions in this site. You have helped me a lot!!!

9 Jan 2010     

< Previous   1    2