Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Remedial Skills list     

Remedial Skills list

Ahlam
Bahrain

Remedial Skills list

Salam to you all

We r planning remedial classes for false beginners age 15 years and below standard. I just need the major list of skills in listening reading writing that we should build upon our program and materials. I mean what can we enable them to achieve skillswise. I also would love to recieve costructive suggestion and guidance from u all to make our program successful.

Urs Ahlam

13 Jan 2010      

Mariethe House
France

Salam Urs Ahlam

this is a very sensitive topic!! I am always very careful when talking about standard!! I mean and it �s only my opinion, learning is a question of confidence and relationship with the learner!

So before setting programs about what they should achieve, I would try to see why they are so reluctant to learning English... Is it because they don �t see the point of it? Is it because they don �t need it? Is it for personal background reasons? Etc,etc....

Once you have established why they are" below standard" , once you have tried to understand their point of view, you will be able to teach them anything because they will ( their needs) will have been taken into account .... From then you will find a program based on their needs not on yours! And I would advise you to base your teaching on motivation rather than program.l

I think there �s a Chinese proverb that says: " the master arrives when the pupil is ready!"

Good luck! You seem to show a lot of concern for these kids!Smile

13 Jan 2010     

baiba
Latvia

Could you explain to me the term �remedial work � which has occasionally been used on the forum? I don �t think I have come across it before.

13 Jan 2010     

baiba
Latvia

Thanks, Silke! I read a bit more on the internet and now I have some notion about what this is all about.  Approve

13 Jan 2010