Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > "i to i" online TESOL     

"i to i" online TESOL

Amaras
France

"i to i" online TESOL

I have been thinking about doing an online course for TESOL and came across this site http://www.i-to-i.com/ . Does anybody know about them or had any experiences?
Thanks for sharing your thoughts and have a nice evening / day

Amaras

14 Jan 2010      

JulietaVL
Mexico

Thank you so much

14 Jan 2010     

lamyaa
Egypt

they �re good, i �ve taken the course here in egypt and the material on i to i is so good ..go ahead !!may be expensive by they make offeres from time to time

14 Jan 2010     

PhilipR
Thailand

I think any kind of course is useful for one �s own personal development. Just remember that from an employer �s point of view online TEFL courses are virtually worthless.

15 Jan 2010     

GeorginaSZ
China

It is part of my job to employ teaching staff. We have teachers from different backgrounds but the one thing they have in common is that they have completed TEFL Certificates which include an observed teaching practice. As Philip points out, though any professional devleopment is good, online certificates aren �t adequate as initial teaching qualifications. They do not prepare you for the reality of teaching.

I recommend investing a bit more time and money and getting a Tininity Cert TESOL (http://www.trinitycollege.co.uk/site/?id=201) or Cambridge CELTA (http://www.cambridgeesol.org/exams/teaching-awards/celta.html) Not only will you be better equipped for you teaching career, but you will have more, and better, job opportunities open to you.

Best of luck!

15 Jan 2010     

Amaras
France

Thanks a lot for your advice!! It is really helpful to think about it from the other site. I had just thought about an online solution because I have been teaching 8 years now and pretty much just wanted something in my hands. The "real time" classes were really expensive here; so i was looking for a cheaper version, which would be the online certificate.
So would you think it is better to not waste the time an money on that one, because if it virtually worthless then there would be no need at all to do it. And for a real course I can �t pay at the moment unfortunately. Thanks a lot for your advice and help!! I appriciate it very much!

15 Jan 2010     

GeorginaSZ
China

Hi again,

If you don �t NEED a piece of paper saying "TEFL Certificate" in your habd right now, I would put it off until you have the time and the money to get something worthwhile. I have to be honest and say that I get the impressoon that people who do online courses are just looking for a quick way into teaching and don �t really have an interest in knowing what they are doing. I am not saying that this is ACTUALLY the case, it �s just the impression given...

In the meantime perhaps you could attend any teacher conferences/workshops happening in your area. These are usually just a few hours or you can attend just parts of them - your attendance shows that you are striving to develop as a professional and you can learn a lot from them. (Oh, and they are usually inexpensive or even free!)

My thoughts anyway!

15 Jan 2010