Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > POWERPOINT HELP!    

POWERPOINT HELP!

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

POWERPOINT HELP!

HI, I am in need of help.. I am doing a ppt presenttation in ms office 2007 which is 299kb but since we are not allowed to upload in the 2007 format, i saved it with the option of 2003. the problem is that the file grew to 2108 kb. I don �t understant why so much and if i am doing something wrong since i just copy/pasted it into a new document, nothing added. The question is  if there is a way to fix that so i can upload it here.

16 Jan 2010      

ELOJOLIE274
France

Hi,
I had the same problem, and I realized that I had used a "wordart" that was very heavy in .doc while it was fine in .docx, don �t ask me why! I also had some problems with the background which was too heavy in .doc... I had to suppress the wordart and put a simple background instead of a fancy one...
I hope I could help you more, but check that first and tell if it changed anything...
good night (it �s 9pm in France)
Elodie

16 Jan 2010     

zailda
Brazil

Hi!

Don�t paste it into another document. As soon as you finish, click on a picture and choose �compact� > all pictures > email (96). Then �save as� > presentation 97/2003.

If you use many of ppt 2007 resources that are not available on ppt 97/2003, you�ll get a warning before saving. It means ppt 97 will �interpret� those resources to get an approximated result, and this feature can make your ppt 97 grow a lot.

Some of the features on ppt 2007 that increase the size in ppt 93: wordArt, backgrounds, some themes. Erase all of those resources before saving it as ppt 97. If you want to have them in your presentation, insert them in ppt 97, after converting.

Hope it helps.

16 Jan 2010     

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

TY BOTH. ZAILDA, DO U KNOW WHERE CAN I FIND THE COMPACT FEATURE I DONT SEE IT

16 Jan 2010     

zailda
Brazil

Hi again!

When you left click on a picture, the image panel will open. Click on it (on the top), and on the left top you�ll see the �compact� option.

Hope it helps.

17 Jan 2010