Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > COMMUNICATION GAMES/ One to one classes    

COMMUNICATION GAMES/ One to one classes

merywell
Spain

COMMUNICATION GAMES/ One to one classes

Hi everyone! I know that I have to send a music file to all those who asked me weeks ago related to a ws I downloaded here about school objects. I�ll do it as soon as I can �cos I�m having problems with my Internet conexion at home.

Well, I�m writing to ask you about ideas, icebreakers, communication games to start one to one/ two to one classes. It�s the first time I�ll do it so I don�t know what exactly do in my first lessons... all the students I will have are pre-intermediate -intermediate and only one of them is upper intermediate ANY IDEA to start with apart from getting to know each other?

Thanks in advance...

16 Jan 2010      

aliciapc
Uruguay

Hi, there are sooo many things for icebreakers or first day! One thing you could do is get both sts to ask each other Qs and then report to you. There �s a sheet you can download by myself. Another thing could be to show them pics of e.g. a dog, a house or an apartment, a car, a bike, and so on , and ask them to talk about whether or not they have a dog, and tell each other about it, or their car, bike, etc. Another thing could be to write Qs on slips of paper and get them to order them after you �ve cut it up every one or two words, and then answer them. Or a short story cut out in paragraphs for them to order and make up an ending, also false sentences about a band or singer they like, so you tell them things which are not true and they correct you or their classmate.

Hope this has been helpful.
Alicia 

16 Jan 2010