Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Uniform    

Uniform

liza_xxx93
Russian Federation

Uniform

Hello!
I am starting the topic "clothes" with my college students (16-18 y.o.) and i am eager to add some information on uniforms (not school). Have you any ideas where I can get any? 
thanks)
PS the level is elementary

18 Jan 2010      

anitarobi
Croatia

Interesting topic, especially for high school sts of elementary level - not easy to find specific teaching materials for that! I �m sure there will be people here who will know instantly what to do and which link to go to, but in the meantime perhaps my idea helps. I would definitely link 2 topics here - jobs/professions and uniforms(clothes). I think it would be far easier to find teaching materials if you took this angle. Depending on their level, you could start from simple listing various jobs, and then sorting them out into uniform or not. Then you could have sts describe certain uniforms using clothes vocabulary and expand adding vocabulary such as protective, water-proof, etc. You could also use magazine cut-outs with people doing different jobs in uniforms. If they are able to, you could have a simple discussion about why uniforms are useful or why people wouldn �t like them (you can provide phrases from which sts can choose those relating to their experience and opinion). Don �t limit the jobs list - allow for them to add athletes, actors, etc. and with teenagers I always like to have a gray area - jobs which require a uniform, those that don �t, and somewhere in the middle the one for those jobs - it �s not that they are really uniforms, but athletes do have their kind of �uniforms �, actors wear them when they play certain parts, etc. Just an idea...

18 Jan 2010     

liza_xxx93
Russian Federation

anitarobi, thank you for your useful ideas!!! I �ll use them. Hope my students will like them)))

18 Jan 2010