Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Internet Explorer    

Internet Explorer

ELOJOLIE274
France

Internet Explorer

Hi,
I don �t know if you �re aware of the security issues related to the use of Internet Explorer, but France and Germany (and probably other governments as well) recommend people to stop using internet explorer until microsoft has found a solution to these security issues.
I �m sure most of you know that, but i still wanted to let you know, and as the saying goes "better be safe than sorry".
have a nice day ;)

19 Jan 2010      

zailda
Brazil

Hi!

I �ve been using Firefox since last year, because I had serious problems using IE. Since I started using Firefox, my internet experience has grown a lot because of the cool features, extensions and security add-ons.

One that is particularly useful is the add-on wot. It grades each site you �re visiting or link you receive according to its security: reliable, suspect or dangerous. It �s very good to detect fake sites or links we receive from emails.

Have a nice day!

19 Jan 2010     

ELOJOLIE274
France

Hi,
I didn �t want to advertize firefox here, that �s why i didn �t say "use firefox instead of internet explorer", but I agree with you Zailda!
this post was just to tell everyone of the security issues, but thanks for your advice! ;)

19 Jan 2010     

JulietaVL
Mexico

Thanks for the tip, I had no idea about this

19 Jan 2010     

zailda
Brazil

@elojolie, neither do I.

I want just to give my testimonial on Firefox use. I also advise my students to use Firefox because it �s faster to visualize blogs and sites with flash content.

I hope they �ll fix the security issues on IE soon because in Brazil it �s the most popular browser and people refrain from trying other than the one they are used to.

19 Jan 2010     

Lana.
Ireland

Too late, but thanks anyway...

Our manager �s pc crashed yesterday the moment he agreed to install updates for Internet Explorer...Ouch

19 Jan 2010     

Samantha.esl
Italy

I had no idea about this. I always have problems with IE... for years it �s been working soo badly!.. Thanks god for Firefox!

19 Jan 2010     

Anapereira
Portugal

I had no idea about this either. Thanks a lot for warning us. I �m going to download firefox now  because my IE has been quite slow too.

19 Jan 2010