Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > My students need something funny    

My students need something funny

sorji
Tunisia

My students need something funny

Dear teachers,
I turn to you again for help and I �m crossing my fingers as usual.
My students have just taken a standardized examination,but there will be no break until January 25th.So I �m seeing them tomorrow.The problem?Here it is:I �m sure that that they wouldn´t like to have any lesson whatsoever.The only thing they may like is fun.So would you suggest some funny roleplays, games or even songs that will catch their attention and get them involved for 2 hours?They are are fond of funny stuff, especially role plays.
They are from 14 to 16, and have been learning English for 2 years.
Looking forward to recieving your suggestions.

19 Jan 2010      

Kate (kkcat)
Russian Federation

If they have been studying English for 2 years they may have a good level of English...well, then you could watch a movie with them (either adapted for ESL) or choose something like "Twilight" or "Mamma Mia" or whatever teens may like and are fans of......

Browse ESL printables - there are lots of games of all kinds...also have a look here  http://www.mes-english.com/games.php   I have used some games from this website, and they did enjoy it...
Songs...ask your students what their favourite songs are, prepare or find WS for the song and have a fun time with your Ss. Make sure you change the activities a few times during the lesson or they will get bored.

19 Jan 2010