Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > A question of points???    

A question of points???

cagreis
Portugal

A question of points???

A while ago I read something about reporting online exercises, which I think should be possible. But that �s not my question. I am a little disappointed, because most members do not produce any online activities (which, by the way, I find truely motivating stuff for class!) at all. Is it because you DO NOT get any points for them??? This is a little unfair, since producing such online exercises is also very time-consuming. What do you think? Best regards, Carlos. And keep up all the amazing work. Bye.

20 Jan 2010      

ELOJOLIE274
France

Hi,
I don �t know about other teachers, but online exercises requires being able to go to the computer room quite often, i �ve got more than 24 pupils in my classes, only 3 computer rooms in my school and I only see my classes 3 hours a week, so it �s quite difficult for me to work on online exercises with my pupils!
i �m sure other teachers are quite able to do online exercices with their pupils, but i �m sure many members don �t bother creating many online exercices because they know they won �t be able to use them... but i might be wrong...

20 Jan 2010     

zailda
Brazil

Hi!

People get points from OE, according to the member �s evaluation.

I sent Victor a PM to provide a reporting panel below OE as well.

I don �t make OE because I �m not used to, I tried some times but I had to use IE, and I �m not skilled at it. But I �ll try again later.

Have a nice day.

20 Jan 2010     

Samantha.esl
Italy

Hi,

You have a point! I personally tried to make OE but since you have to use IE to upload videos and stuff I didn �t do them.
You do get points with OE, and what I read somewhere is that they have to be approved by other members to stay in the site.
If I didn �t have to use Internet Explorer I would use it regularly! And upload the things I have there. Approve

Cheers!

20 Jan 2010     

niacouto
Portugal

I �ve tried to do so, but my browser doesn �t allow me.Cry It was just a waste of time!Unhappy

20 Jan 2010     

cagreis
Portugal

I �m a little surprised - I have no problem in creating an online activity. It �s really easy. But thanks for your kind remarks.

20 Jan 2010     

moravc
Czech Republic

The OE creators get points according to the first day of evaluation...
The newbies might get a lots of points for one OE only...
I think it �s a good way to start... as there are only a few online-exercises but 600-800 MS Word worksheets every day...
The competition is really hard in printables...

20 Jan 2010     

RabbitWho
Czech Republic

I don �t produce them because they can �t be made using anything other than IE, which isn�t available for my computer, and which I wouldn�t want anyway. :( 

20 Jan 2010     

JulietaVL
Mexico

"I am a little disappointed, because most members do not produce any online activities"

My question is: Why?

I do not produce them because I am not able to use them but I see no reason for your dissapointment

20 Jan 2010     

cagreis
Portugal

I see no point in using online exercises??? Do you know how many different games and other online activities there are to be used in the classroom or at home? May students just love "playing" in class and keep asking me for these websites. They are really motivating!!! But no need to get aggressive - I am not trying to convince anyone! I was just asking. Sorry for any convinience.

20 Jan 2010