Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > More food for thought    

More food for thought

pollyanna_pl
Greece

Thank you Julia ! Great quotes.
I particularly liked the first and last ones. They seem to me to sum up the essence of teaching and learning.

23 Jan 2010     

juliag
Japan

Thanks for replying everyoneStar. It �s been so nice to hear your thoughts about which quotes you like best and your school memories etc.

English (naturally) was always my favorite subject at school and I have to say it was thanks to a fantastic teacher, even if he was thought of as being terribly arrogant and pushy. In my mind he was one of the best teachers I �ve ever had, and  as a teacher myself now I can only begin to imagine the hours of preparation he must have put into some of the activities he gave us to do. One that particularly springs to mind is an entire murder mystery he (presumably) created for us to solve.

So in tribute to him and his wonderfully interesting and stimulating classes I �ll try to make my own inspirational quote!

Good teaching is about giving students the framework and the tools and then setting them free so their imaginations and intellects can fly.

Sure someone must have said it better somewhere before, but in light of my own experience I do passionately believe this.

Unfortunately as I �ve just realized as I �m writing this, with most of my students being of the lower level although of course I try to given them creative and fun activities, it �s very rarely that I manage to achieve this lofty aim. Something to aim towards at least.

Have a wonderful weekend everybody.
Love Julia

23 Jan 2010     

< Previous   1    2