Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > source?    

source?

Sara5
Kuwait

source?

Dear moderators,
                             Is it enough to write the source in the description of the ws or it must be also in the ws. I added the source to the description only because everytime i try to update the ws i only get error message.
Thank you 

26 Jan 2010      

ELOJOLIE274
France

Hello,
i �m not a moderator, but maybe I can help.
Let �s say you found on a great text on a website, and you want to use it in a ws. It is true that you have to mention the source of this text - unless you edited it so much that no one can say you simply copied it. But mentioning the source is not enough I think. You should also add a couple of tasks (reading activity, follow-up works) to do with this text.
By the way, I think it �s better to add the source in your ws and in your description, so it �s clear for everyone, and also because when people download your work, they won �t keep your description, they will only keep your ws... so if they want to look at the source, they will just have to look at your ws!
At least that �s what I do...
moderators, do you agree?

26 Jan 2010     

Sara5
Kuwait

You have got a point and I totally agree with you. The problem is I added the sources to the description because i tried to update the ws many times. All i got was an error message. Anyway I will keep trying
Merci 

26 Jan 2010     

cagreis
Portugal

I second ELOJOLIE on that - when using texts in ws, it �s really a good idea to name the source in the ws itself. We can always look it up and edit the text the way we want.
Another question is editable ws - I prefer these because it allows me to change its content in order to suit my students � needs (or level) better. Some members, though, are too protective about their work or the pictures used - since they had to pay for the latter. It �s fair enough, but frustrating for other users.

26 Jan 2010     

ELOJOLIE274
France

I had also some problems updating a ws, so I had to delete it and reupload it... but be careful, if you do that, don �t forget to add REUPLOADED in the description... and you will lose the points you won with this ws...
I hope you will be able to update it, otherwise just add the source in the description, it should be fine!!!
take care

26 Jan 2010