Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > A perfect English classroom    

A perfect English classroom

silvia.patti
Italy

I would like to have only 10-12 students and an assistant so that I could divide them in groups and do different activities at the same time, according to their interests.

I would like to have an English classroom where students enjoy every moment.

I would like to have only very good students... Disapprove

1 Feb 2010     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Manon
What �s that ? You have an assistant!!!!!
So, you don �t work???!!!!!
Lucky girl!!!!!!

Big kiss
Linda

2 Feb 2010     

manonski (f)
Canada

Linda,
To make a long story short, the Canadian government has money to support the learning of the two official languages in the country. There is a program that offers university students the opportunity to work 9 months in a province that offers French or English as a second language. These assistants are there to propose activities that will expose students to the Canadian culture of the second language they are learning. So every year I apply and I get a new assistant for 9 months out of the 10 school months.
My assistant this year is really great. So most of the time, there are 2 adults in my class which is a real good thing.

2 Feb 2010     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Manon, my dear, have you heard about ENVY?
Don �t tell me you have some ten students in class, for TWO teachers, because I, poor teacher, have about 30. ( I can �t write 30 in capital letters, funny, have you ever noticed that numbers don �t have capitals? )
 I need capital numbers.
I want to CRY , LOUD that I have no assistant and I have 30 ( imagine they are capital numbers ) students. That �s not fair, it �s an injustice.
Going to sleep now, I am sure I �will have some very bad nightmares.
Cry
big kiss, lucky girl Hug
Linda

2 Feb 2010     

manonski (f)
Canada

Hi
It �s ok if you �re envious. I totally appreciate what I have: an assistant, an interactive white board, my own English classroom, internet connections and my biggest group has 26 students and it �s also my best group.
I love my school and the people I work with and I �ve been working there for almost 20 years. It �s like a second home.

2 Feb 2010     

douglas
United States

I teach adults and my company gives me almost everythiing I want.  My class sizes are currently 2-8 students; I have a beamer connected to a computer with internet access; I have two white boards and a flipchart; I can print/copy as much as I like (even in color) and my students are all there voluntarily. 

I almost have my dream classroom.  The things I would add to it are: more wall space (can never have enough), a larger room with more/larger white boards, and an audio (listening) lab. I don �t yet know that an interactive white board would be part of my dream classroom--I �m not sure how much better it would be than a white board ( I love writing on the white board).

Douglas

2 Feb 2010     

sea camel
Belgium

I �ve just dropped by to see whether there is more news... Thanks for all your reactions. And Manonski, I really didn �t realize that it was possible to have an assistant... It �s such a good idea I thought it was impossible! True, Douglas, more wall space... At the moment I almost have none. A policy I �m keen to change at school... But who am I? I can always try, I think.

Kristien

2 Feb 2010     

< Previous   1    2