Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > HELPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!    

HELPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!

Je suis papillon
Argentina

HELPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!

HOW ARE YOU DEAR COLLEAGUES???? I�M QUITE CONFUSE WITH THE FOLLOWING SENTENCE...
 "These requirements may include, but are not limited to, absorbed energy, percent ductile fracture appearance, and lateral expansion values.

COULD YOU HELP ME TO TRANSLATE IT? OR PARAPHRASING IT SO I CAN UNDERSTAND AND TRANSLATE IT? IT WAS TAKEN FROM A SPECIAL DOCUMENT OF WELDING RULES. I TRANSLATED IT (TO SPANISH) LITERALLY (WORD BY WORD), BUT THE PERSON WHO NEEDS IT TOLD ME THAT MY TRANSLATION HAS NO SENSE, HE CANT UNDERSTAND THE MEANING ALTHOUGH HE�S A WELDER.

THANKS FOR YOUR TIME!!!

1 Feb 2010      

conqueror_mko
Turkey

"These requirements may include, but are not limited to, absorbed energy, percent ductile fracture appearance, and lateral expansion values.

these requirements may include absorded energy, percent ductile fracture appearance and lateral expansion values .

BUT 

these requirements are not limited to these.   

1 Feb 2010     

conqueror_mko
Turkey

"Estos requisitos pueden incluir, pero no se limitan a, absorbe la energ�a, d�ctil aparici�n de fracturas por ciento, y los valores de la expansi�n lateral.

1 Feb 2010     

Zora
Canada

"Estos requisitos pueden incluir, pero no se limitan a, la absorci�n de energ�a, la aparencia de un porcentaje de fracturas de ductilidad, y valores de expansi�n lateral. 

1 Feb 2010     

Mar0919
Mexico

Hello! I would only change one word in Zora �s excellent translation:

"Estos requisitos pueden incluir, pero no se limitan a, la absorci�n de energ�a, la aparici�n de un porcentaje de fracturas de ductilidad, y
valores de expansi�n lateral.

Mar

1 Feb 2010     

Je suis papillon
Argentina

Thank you people!!! You�re great!!!

1 Feb 2010     

Zora
Canada

Dios! Thank you Mar... I just saw what I wrote and you are right! I had my mind somewhere else, probably looking up at the original text translated by a online translator and then thinking something else altogether.. yike... oh, well.. must be Monday! lol

1 Feb 2010     

Mar0919
Mexico

No problem, Zora! I can completely understand MONDAYS!!! hahahahaha!

Have an excellent week to ALL!!!!

Mar

1 Feb 2010     

yanogator
United States

Hi,
I only know a little Spanish, but I want to make sure you have it right. The English says "absorbed energy" (past participle of "absorb" used as an adjective), but both of your translations have something different (I think "absorbe" is a verb form other than a participle, and I �m sure that "absorcion" is a noun). Wouldn �t "absorbed energy" be something like "la energia absorbada"? I �m not trying to correct you who actually know the language, but I �m curious about this. (Also, please forgive my lack of accent marks)

Thank you very much,
Bruce

2 Feb 2010