Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > > Deleting old worksheets    

Deleting old worksheets

mena22
Portugal

Smile Hi David! I do understand your point, as you �ve said, that was your choice and I respect it, as I believe all other members should, not only because we live in a free world, but also bearing in mind that this post comes from a very respectful member of this site who so kindly shares his wonderful work and experiences with us and does his very best every day to make of ESLprintables the wonderful site we all have come to know.

However, I must confess that I am not going to check all my old worksheets to see if each and every graphic or image does not infringe the law. I know that I must have one or two that have watermarks and those ones I had already thought of looking for them to replace the images and I �m going to do so when I have some free time. Had I taken images from ESLresources still available in the market, I would definitely agree with you and remove the worksheet because, as victor put it in the link you shared with us above, there is indeed a conflict of interests and it is not "fair use" (if the book is no longer available for purchase, I don �t see any problem).

Wish you a nice day.
mena

2 Feb 2010     

David Lisgo
Japan

Thank you Mena. You express what I would like to say very well and I have nothing but agreement.

Zora (and Joy) I don �t believe you are being fair with me. Are you accusing me of having a mental illness? If not then to whom are you speaking to.  I �m not quite sane but then I �m a teacher. 

I  certainly wouldn �t search after any particular group or nationality and I �m disgusted by the thought.  I also care little for each and every image, but I would be happy to report a worksheet that used a scanned copy of a page (picture or text) from any ESL textbooks I am currently using.

Is this paranoia?  If so then I would suggest it more common than is generally thought.

Regards,
David

2 Feb 2010     

Zora
Canada

Did I mention your name David?? No, I didn �t. I simply alluded to a few facts that many of  "the lazy and unappreciative members" like me, have been noticing for a while now. (Please note the irony in my words and perhaps you will also notice that quite a few of us voting now leave fewer comments...) Nothing more, nothing less...  

2 Feb 2010     

jdrc
Spain

I agree with Zora it�s becoming a witch hunt. hope this sight can go back to the good old days.

6 Mar 2010     

< Previous   1    2