Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > i need help!!!    

i need help!!!

omshahad
United Arab Emirates

i need help!!!

hi all

i would like you to help me or give me some teaching ideas to break the� routine in taching new vocabulary
i am a teacher for the second year. last year i teached third and fourth grade but�this year i started to teach 7 - 9 grade. in grade 9 they have alot of�vocabulary (toooooooooo much) and some time i feel that Students get bored, some time i get bored to.
please help me
�
note:
i love games but i don�t have ideas!!!!!!!��

15 Nov 2008      

Zora
Canada

What games do you use? That way we have some idea what kind of activities to suggest.

15 Nov 2008     

omshahad
United Arab Emirates

i use differernt ways:
write sentences in small group
write short story using the new word

but i do not know how to apply the new words????????

15 Nov 2008     

threshold
Turkey

how about "HOT SEAT" game?
a student sits facing his/her  friends in the classroom. t writes a words on the board and his team try to explain tha word. i don�t prefer miming or acting out. i want them to speak.

27 Nov 2008     

dennismychina
China

I sometimes play a game. I draw a 25 (or larger) squared grid on the board number it from 1to 5 & A to E. leave the squares blank. Divide the class in two and alternative ss ask for a square i.e. A -4.  You will have prepared a separate grid on a sheet of paper with all the new words. You will then read out the word from your sheet (this also allows you to cheat a bit in favour of weaker ss)& write it into its square. The SS must make a sentence or explain the meaning in English. To make it more interesting you can play for points and include bombs (for a- score) and smiles (for a + score) include some activities instead of words (ss to throw a ball/object into a basket if successful add points, play rock, scissors & paper with u for a - score if you win and a + score if the ss wins. Make it fun. Also if the ss in question doesn�t know the answer allow his team mates to answer for less points. And so on and so on.

Also you can make a snakes and ladder type �race track� print and cut out a pink and a blue banana use them as markers and have a banana race.

Enjoy.

28 Nov 2008