Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > To those, who copy/paste    

To those, who copy/paste

Yulia Mo
Russian Federation

To those, who copy/paste

Hello, dear colleagues!
I wanted to address all the users, who knowingly copy activities from wherever they do (books, sites, etc). I �m very sad to see several accounts a day being canceled because of that. And, believing in people i want to think that most of them just didn �t read the rules properly. So please, read them again and be careful of what you upload. We are a big team now, a lot of moderators, we have time and ability to find copied wss. Even if you uploaded them some time ago, every now and then they pop up in reported contributions.
It �s really easy to check if the contribution is stolen, that �s why it �s not easy to go away with it on this site where a lot of people care about keeping it clean. If you don �t get caught today by some chance, you will definitely get caught tomorrow.
So please, think twice before doing it. Because tomorrow you might not have a chance to be a part of our big family.
Like Zailda once said, she feels some kind of satisfaction reporting copied wss. To tell you the truth, i also do. But only because i want this site to be as clean as we can make it, not because i like the accounts to be canceled.
Hugs to all,
Yulia

4 Feb 2010      

zailda
Brazil

Hi Yulia!

I �m glad when I �m able to find a copied ws because it means someone will stop fooling the others, but at the same time I feel very sad when I see the great number of stolen contributions at the reporting section.

I �d rather see that no one used nasty schemes to get points and be able to download the original and useful worksheets most of the members prepare.  If they want to engage in a competition, they should at least be fair.

It �s not a competition, and I wouldn �t be glad to receive the other members� downloads and comments if the work weren �t mine. And that �s a shame to realize that some old members with thousands of points built their whole empires over stolen contributions that weren �t caught just because Victor is a human (and not a god) and couldn �t see all the fake "original" contributions they used to upload in the past.

At least I think that if people risk their reputation as teachers to get what we have here, it means they recognize them as valuable and useful work, so it �s kind of praising. I wish they had chosen other ways to do that.

Have a nice day!

4 Feb 2010