Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > is it ok to say this??????    

is it ok to say this??????

alexa09
Argentina

is it ok to say this??????

what about this:
"we would like to thank you for playing your music....1)... in the last 25 years
2) ........in the past 25 years
3) .........in these 25 years / during these 25 years
which do u think is better ?
what about adding...."and on" (meaning . that one will continue listening to their music)
thanks!

about the question of yesterday, i couldnt see the answer
is it ok
"alexa, xxxxx n�1 fan " (without "s" genitive case) (i think it is but i �d like to check among my collegues
thanks again

5 Feb 2010      

anitarobi
Croatia

I �d say:
"we would like to thank you for playing(having played - if they stopped) your music....for these (or the last) 25 years... or during these (or the last) 25 years... or even just - these 25 years...

5 Feb 2010     

alexa09
Argentina

I totally agree with you anitarobi, (yes, they will soon stop playing more music, butas we (fans) will continue listening to their musci, I wanted to know if it �d be okay to say (after suspensive dots....."and on"
i.e THANK YOU FOR PLAYING THE "SOUNDTRACK IN OUR LIVES DURING THESE 25 YEARS ...AND ON!
thanks dear

5 Feb 2010     

yanogator
United States

In the US, we would say, "Thank you for playing your music for the past 25 years...and I hope it continues well into the future." We would hear "these past 25 years" as sounding very literary or stilted. I don �t think we would ever say "...and on" in this situation. I can �t think of a short phrase that would work, so I added what I think sounds most natural to us, even though it �s much longer.

Bruce

6 Feb 2010