Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Question concerning the reported wss    

Question concerning the reported wss

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

Question concerning the reported wss

I have a question I don �t know if anyone but Victor will be able to answer me, but anyways...

Do the members get to read what moderators write under their wss when the are to be removed?

I mean, when they get a message that their ws is somehow against the rules, do they also receive what the moderators wrote concerning the ws?

If you know that, thanks in advance for helping me with this doubt.

Best regards,
Bruna

5 Feb 2010      

libertybelle
United States

I don ��t think they see what the moderators have written.
L

5 Feb 2010     

zailda
Brazil

Hi

Only the moderators see what is on the reporting page. That �s a pity because I would like that everyone was able to read the nasty and personal remarks we get when we comment a worksheet and realize what sorts of things we have to go through just to do what we think is right. Some moderators don �t know the difference between "comment a ws" and "judging other person" and aren �t polite at all.

"I SINCERELY WISH NOT TO SEE YOUR OPINION ON THE MODERATORS� PAGE ANY MORE � GET A LIFE WOMAN!!!" (written by another moderator, addressed especially for me)

Is it something we might receive in exchange for spending several hours just trying to help? For me people are going too far and disrespecting others. For me some people are just using the reporting page to attack the people they dislike.

The comments are not public. But is this an excuse to write things like that?  

Have a nice day!

Zailda

5 Feb 2010     

Sonn
Russian Federation

They get the reason why it was deleted. At first they got all the messages from the moderator �s page.

5 Feb 2010     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Hi Bruna,

nice to see you again.  Smile  No, the members only receive a message with the reason their ws was removed for. They don �t see the comments written by moderators.

Hugs, Michaela

5 Feb 2010     

stexstme
France

Hopefully ...., dear Michaela.. Thx for your answers : I had the same question in mind.
Still - The comments could be helpful. Most of the time....
I guess when one has a ws removed, he/she �d like to know why, ie : What his/her fellow colleagues thought/said about the ws.
Just a thought.Confused
Maybe if the uploader could see the comments, some would use another language.?
Making fun is just allright, ...on the Forum. But not when you are deleting ws. IMHO.
Though I promised I would behave & adopt a low profile ... LOLI do think some comments are an insult to the spirit of this site.
Sylvie

5 Feb 2010     

zailda
Brazil

@sylvie, check your PM, please.

5 Feb 2010     

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

Hi guys... I only asked because I �ve seen messages like "Just update your ws and upload again", as if it was possible for the members who had it removed to know what moderators wrote.

But if they don �t, it �s better in some ways, because the reporting page is also the place where the moderators get to discuss, which is not a bad thing, but it can get personal, as many have mentioned, it �s human nature and people are not the same.

It �s not the end of the world, but when I was on and on about the fairness of our judgement and the clarity of the rules, I heard quite a few, even from people that are usually polite. However, I did not get offended at all. I can hardly care when I read useless (to me) things (about me) online, especially if they are from people I do not socialize.

When I read things like "I have to agree with XXXXXX on this one" I always get the tone that the person has something against this XXXXXXX, I also think it �s personal and an useless comment.

Thanks everyone for the kind replies!
Hugs, Bruna.

5 Feb 2010     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Dear Bruna,

I often use "I agree with XXXX" or "I have to agree with XXX" but from my side there is nothing personal. I use it when there are different comments, so this is my way how to express my opinion.  I know I am not the only one who writes comments like these and I believe none of the moderators means it personally (at least I don �t).
But if you mind it, let me know and I �ll try not to use it.
Have a nice weekend.Wink
Hugs, Michaela

5 Feb 2010     

zailda
Brazil

I understand the comment "I have to agree with..." when we personally would have a different point-of-view but was convinced by the person with reasonable thoughts. For instance, if someone reported an old ws as non-ESL resource "I have to agree with XXX and vote it to stay". I �m voting according to rules, even if I have a different POV. It does not imply I �m voting with my emotions, on the contrary. 

5 Feb 2010     

Mariethe House
France

Dear Bruna
I did have one ws removed once because it was written in French and devised for my French colleagues . I had mentionned in the description that it was for French colleagues and it actually got more than 20 downloads! I had it removed and I actually got the comments on my private message box! Now, since the new rules have been implemented ( about old ws) I don �t know what the common thing is! However it would only be fair that the person involved should be able to see the comments .
1. Because he/she could have the possibility to justify himself/ herself
2. Because he/she would understand better what she/he has done wrong

And I would even suggest that when there is no agreement between moderators the discussion should be published on the forum so that people can judge for themselves if people are being abused or not and if they are, for what reason!! That would avoid lots of useless interpretations of what was actually said and why some people reacted "vivaciously" .
Some people who come to the forum  as victims forget that they triggered the fire in the first place!

5 Feb 2010     

1    2    Next >