Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > no points are added to my account although my works were downloaded    

no points are added to my account although my works were downloaded

eflteacher1982
Tunisia

no points are added to my account although my works were downloaded

no points are added to my account although my works were downloaded. i need points to download my colleagues �s contributions.

10 Feb 2010      

Akanah
Spain

FAQ � Why haven�t I got any points?

The points from your uploaded worksheet take 2 days.  Wait two days and you�ll have the points.  Be patient the points will come.

Regards,
Olga

10 Feb 2010     

eflteacher1982
Tunisia

i see. thanks olga

10 Feb 2010     

aloha58
Spain

but you have 84 points...you can download 84 worksheets... and if you can download 30 new worksheets everyday!!

10 Feb 2010     

mcadan
Spain

you recommend to eflteacher to be more patient, but I would recommend you to be more polite.By the way the commparative of GOOD is BETTER, not more good!!

10 Feb 2010     

manonski (f)
Canada

More polite? Where was the impolite part?

10 Feb 2010     

Lana.
Ireland

MCADAN,

I believe it is not more good printables, but more of  good printables, if you get the difference.

Ladybird �s message is absolutely fine. The author of the post quite bluntly states that s/he needs more points - no please, no thank you. How is that polite?

10 Feb 2010     

mcadan
Spain

Sorry for my mistake. But I still think that the sentence is ambiguous. Of course" more " implies quantity, but when I read the sentence I thought it was a comparative, meaning that his /her worksheets weren�t good enough. That�t why I told you to be more polite.
Sorry again!!!

11 Feb 2010     

Jayho
Australia

Hi Mcadan - I think you jumped the gun a bit here.

More good printables is perfectly acceptable and this is how native speakers communicate.  I certainly didn �t interpret it as a comparative.  I intepreted it as a positive statement that acknowledges that eflteacher already makes good printables and if he/she urgently needs additional points then they should contribute more printables.

Cheers

Jayho

Edit:  I see our messages crossed.  Yes it can be ambiguous and open to different intepretations - that�s why we should always consider these things carefully before we put our foot in our mouth.  But hey, that�s how we learn.

11 Feb 2010     

douglas
United States

I didn �t see anything impolite in the post.  She even described the person �s worksheets as good:  "more good worksheets". 

To better explain the English for you: 

"more + good + noun"  can also be written as "more + noun + that are good"

I personally didn �t read it any other way and cannot imagine it was meant any other way--perhaps you were just having a bad day?

11 Feb 2010     

eflteacher1982
Tunisia

all i asked for was a clarification guys nothing more and just few of you did answer my inquiry. i don �t know why my question was deviated from it �s original path and i felt i got somehow an impolite answer from ladybird. don �t tell she wasn �t even smileys tell things ;) Anyways i got the points. many thanks to all of you.

11 Feb 2010