Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > 4 years girl...    

4 years girl...

Vernica
Belgium

You will be amazing!!! These ages are the best, colours and shapes, that �s the key ah! and loss every piece of ridiculous that you had. Jumping, making faces, go to the kitchen and play with real elements, take teddy bears and teach animals, (jajajaja) She will be completely tired in 20 minutes so take something to colur to increase her focus and concentration. Believe me It will be delicious!!!!!!! nowadays i �m teaching teenagers and i miss my little ones so much!!!!!!

15 Feb 2010     

susannem
Denmark

A computer is a good thing - my grandson now 5 used to to love these pps from

made so you only have to use the spacebar ( no problems with the mous9
good luck

susanne

15 Feb 2010     

Nurs86
Spain

Thanks a lot��� your words �ve reassured me�� Thanks a lot again�� I �ll tell you how it is going on�� Kisses from Cordoba�

15 Feb 2010     

Yulia Mo
Russian Federation

i �m sorry, GABITZA for sure.

15 Feb 2010     

Yulia Mo
Russian Federation

By the way, the kitchen is a great idea. This is what i do when i teach kids at home. If they don �t get the difference between onion and garlic, i go and show them the real vegies. If they can �t get what �s WET, i go, take a tissue, show it DRY then pour some water on it. Kids love real experiences!

15 Feb 2010     

silvia.patti
Italy

Let �s start  teaching some words of common objects (fruit, animals, toys).

Use some coloured pencils to teach colours.

Surf the web to find some pictures to colour and do a dictation.

Find some songs for children to revise colours, numbers, objects.

15 Feb 2010     

MartaZ
Poland

Hi!
I �ve been teaching a little girl at similar age for a few months now and I really enjoy it (and so does she :). Young children learn very quickly but also forget VERY quickly - so you �ll need to revise new language a lot. Thnik of different ways to practise new words - flashcards, picture dictations (colour the dog brown, colour the doll pink, etc.) work fantastic.

I don �t use many worksheets but I use a great coursebook - Cookie and Friends (Oxford University Press) - I do recommend it! It goes with a great CD (with lots of nice tunes and lyrics which kids grasp very easily + nice stories), a rich collection of flashcards and extra activities, and a puppet :). My student loves it and it �s really teacher friendly.

Play, play, play, use real toys and realia to revise language. You �ll be astonished how quickly your student will make progress. Have fun! Fingers crossed for your first lesson!!!
Marta

15 Feb 2010     

sil75
Greece

Hello Nurse 86!!!!
First of all do not panic.!!!!! you �ll see that you �ll enjoy it a lot!!!!.....be ready to prepare a lot of material, like memmo games, bingos, matching games and have a rich stock of songs and rhymes. The first thing you should do is to choose a book to organize the vocabulary and structures you want to teach....if you do not want to use a book make the syllabus yourself....but don �t include a lot of things......just a few words and some structures( like some colours....some numbers.....some parts of the body......and  My name is....I �m......years old....you can also include some commands) Start every lesson in the same way.....you can use a greeting song followed by a gym lesson in which you will include a new command every lesson until you �ve included all of them.....repetition is the only way they learn....so use routines....and recycle a lot.....in every lesson if it is possible.
Use authentic material........that is why i told you to prepare a lot of games....at that age they love to have contact with concrete things.
Hope I help you!!!
Silvina

15 Feb 2010     

anitarobi
Croatia

sent you a pm... btw, you �ll enjoy it so much - they �re the best - they �re honest and react immediately and you can actually play English with them which is so much fun and so effective! You �ll end up enjoying it!

15 Feb 2010     

< Previous   1    2