Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > A question about the new rule: moderators must have 10000 points    

A question about the new rule: moderators must have 10000 points

eng789
Israel

Philip -

If you read,
"they would know of sites that teachers from their country use"   I think it obviously means the country where you work.

Obviously - you did some searching. 

But you need to keep in mind that we all don �t teach the same way - so I still think that countries  with  a lot of users should have a representative in the moderators group.

18 Feb 2010     

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

Hi, Barbara, what I think Philip meant is that it �s not possible to have ate least one representative from each country, because of the big numbers of countries with none or few members from.

Anyways, now that Victor changed his mind to 5.000 points, I think everyone will be happy.
It �s a hard job being an administrator alone, and troubles always rise from nowhere.
But in the end, it �s his choice that prevails... But I consider him a kind King to this website!!!
LOL

Best wishes, everyone!!

18 Feb 2010     

Aimee/S.
Israel

I suggested:
if the first member of the country has 5000 points.

not the first member of each country. Not every country needs to be represented.

Usually, when a member reaches 5000 points, he/she is already known on the site.

5000 is a fair, average number. Countries which don �t have a contributor with this number won �t be represented.

18 Feb 2010     

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

At least, it �s the least subjective option, I think.

Imagine Victor organizing an election for the members to vote on who gets to moderate, then members could have electoral campaings and stuff!!! LOL - Vote for me!!!! -

By now, 5.000 points seems (even by the numbers Victor showed in the other thread) quite enough.

Cheers!

18 Feb 2010     

teachertonyinchina
China

I am quite new here but from what I have noticed it is that teachers who post colouful worksheets for basic and elementary students who get lots of hits and the teachers who post black and white worksheets for intermediate and advanced students get very few. So is the amount of points a member has the best way?

18 Feb 2010     

missveronica
Argentina

I have that problem...most of my WSs are advanced and "boring" and dont get hit...sometimes at all.
But I dont mind, I still share my work with those few who have intermediate/advanced students

18 Feb 2010     

Lana.
Ireland

Teacher Tony in China - you make sense. Clap

I think a moderator will need to be observed during the first two weeks (or so) and then if he/she proves that he/she does not abuse the system and doesn �t use it in order to get back at a member/another moderator, well - welcome, then. 

18 Feb 2010     

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

Hi, guys... All I want to say to you is... "hang in there"!!!! LOL
When I first joined my wss were really dull, and with time I learned to go with the flow, I mean, making them more attractive (as everyone goes really fast by the contributions page and is not able to analyze the content of each and every ws there).

And as for the English level of the ws, that �s the way it is, there are MUCH more basic learners in the world than advanced ones. Therefore, it �s only natural most teachers make wss for this level.

If you reeeeally need points, make some contributions that you know will be more downloaded. I have some contributions that I made only to share my actual work, but I also have contributions that I made because I knew they would give me points (to get more use - wss - of the site).

I hope I have helped you.
And another tip, by now, a colorful layout is the fastest way to get your work noticed by most users, although I myself don �t like it, because I don �t use them (I adapt it to my printing bugdet hehehe), that �s the way things are. BTW, coloful doesn �t mean polluted, also important.

Best regards!!!

18 Feb 2010     

< Previous   1    2