Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > TECHNOLOGY    

TECHNOLOGY

helena2009
Hungary

TECHNOLOGY

Dear teachers in England,

What do your English students study or do in TECHNOLOGY lessons? What does this subject mean in your school?

Thanks for your answers

Helena

19 Feb 2010      

starrr
Brazil

well, I try to make them starting to think about the bad and good use of the technology and how they can take all advantages of them to learn lots of things. I show to them that the technology is just a very useful tool that can help them to produce interesting materials and other stuff, and the most they can use them but not abuse of them cause if they abuse they will lose precious time in doing other things than just chatting on msn messenger or putting pictures in blogs etc..All the work that I do (reading, writing, speaking and discussing about it) in those lessons are worthy till now,  so it is very positive since they have learned a lot about it and they are more motivated to learn more. HugsSmile

19 Feb 2010     

kmtr
United States

In the US, "Technology" classes are generally devoted to the different computer applications you use on a computer: word processing, spreadsheets, databases, etc. 

19 Feb 2010     

aftab57
United Kingdom

These links provide some information about design and technology curriculum in the UK.

19 Feb 2010