Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > ARGENTINE TEACHERS- BICENTENNIAL YEAR!!!    

ARGENTINE TEACHERS- BICENTENNIAL YEAR!!!

Vivi Quir
Argentina

ARGENTINE TEACHERS- BICENTENNIAL YEAR!!!

Hi dear colleagues from Argentina!!! As you all know in most schools in our country we have to work on this topic of the bicentennial year. In our primary  school we will particularly be delving into "our identity and values". 

In the English department I was thinking of taking stories/ fables  and highlight the values behind them, e.g. Goldilocks: do not touch what is not yours; The Boy who cried Wolf, be honest... and so on.

Help! I would like u to help me make a list of stories with moral teaching for YLS you have tried in class

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  And what are you going to do??????????? I think we can all nurture from one another, what do you think????

Vivi

19 Feb 2010      

Ratu
Argentina

Hi there!!

A story that I really like is "The Enourmous Turnip" (Moral: if you work together, you can do anything).

Here you have props for lots of stories http://www.kizclub.com/stories.htm

I found this page http://www.best-childrens-books.com/stories-with-morals.html scroll down and you will see "Fables, listed by Moral"

Hope you find this useful!

Kisses
Ale.

19 Feb 2010     

marianadig
Argentina

Hi, Vivi! I was thinking of working on stories and fables too, but I will choose our own traditional stories so as to highlight our own traditions and values.  May be stories like "Mate" "La flor del Ceibo" "Martin Fierro" "El Jacaranda," in English of course...something of the sort.

I was also thinking of comparing our traditions to other countries � traditions or working on the History of May Revolution or Independence Day compared to other countries � History. 

I haven �t made up my mind yet...I`m still thinking on it.

Thanks for sharing your ideas!!!!!

Mariana

19 Feb 2010     

magdita
Argentina

Hi Vivi and Argentinian collegues
I �m going to work it in another way. I was thinking of making my students choose one of our great National heroes like San Martin and think of values that are important for them. Then, I �ll ask them to write a composition explaining the values they admire. They can even choose more than one hero and then we �ll make some posters to put in our classroom.
Regards to all!
Magdalena

19 Feb 2010     

crisholm
Spain

One value everyone should try to foster is historical accuracy!

19 Feb 2010     

carinaluc
Argentina

In one of my schools we �re going to work on the British influence in our country during the 1800s and especifically in 1810.  We �re also going to invite our sts to take part in a Composition contest.  The topic, of course, will be the bicentennial.
In the other school, since I work in the business section, we �re going to focus on how offices have developed since 1810, making a comparison between 1810, 1910 and 2010, in English and in Spanish as well.
We �re really looking forward to working with our sts!!
Hugs
Carina

20 Feb 2010