Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > HELP: I need some ideas for our end-of-the-quarter activity.    

HELP: I need some ideas for our end-of-the-quarter activity.

EvaRamos
Panama

HELP: I need some ideas for our end-of-the-quarter activity.

Hello Dear Friends,
     At the university where I work at the end of each quarter the different groups from the B.A. in English have to participate in a cultural event, in which each group has to present something.  I just ran out of ideas Confused, I would really appreciate any suggestions from you.

Thanks in advance Smile.

Eva

21 Feb 2010      

aftab57
United Kingdom

I hope you find something suitable  here.

21 Feb 2010     

a isabel
Portugal

Good morning Eva,

I took place in a multicultural seminar in Germany and each of us had to make sth related to our country.  Some of us took pictures from home and made a poster with captions and then
talked about some traditions, others made a brief speaking presentation and then sang /or danced a typical song /folk music of their lands, others related the activities learned in the seminar - (stationlernen) - kind of cooperative learning - so this person made a quiz for the whole group - in which we would try to find out details about that country - I loved it!
Of course we all shared small gifts typical of our countries (objects, food and drinks...)
I hope this helps you!
Hugs
A Isabel
(Madeira Island)

21 Feb 2010     

EvaRamos
Panama

Thanks Aftab and A Isabel for taking the time to answer my help message.   I am already taking notes.  If anyone has more ideas, please you are welcome to share them :)

Thanks again,
Eva

21 Feb 2010