Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > TEFL course    

TEFL course

corina2211
Spain

TEFL course

Hi everybody. Sorry to bother you again. I have one question. I want to attend a TEFL course this summer and after a lot of research, my decision is still not clear. CELTA, Cert Trinity TESOL or TEFL http://www.teflbarcelona.net/? Could you please tell me if either of you attented one of these courses? Would you recommend them? Or did you attend any other TEFL course that tou could recommend me?
Thank you very much for your answers.
Kisses and hugs from Spain,

Corina

21 Feb 2010      

blunderbuster
Germany

Hi,

I got mine through Bridge Linguatec in Denver. You can also do it online. I would do it again.

Regards
Regina

21 Feb 2010     

Jayho
Australia

Where do you want to work and with what age group?  It might be worth investigating which one/s are recognised in the countries in which you intend to teach.

In Australia the CELTA/DELTA is highly recognised for teaching ELICOS but is not recognised by primary and secondary schools.  I don �t think the others are recognised.

ELICOS = English Language Intensive Course for Overseas Students

21 Feb 2010     

lshorton99
China

If you want to do a decent course, it needs to have some element of practical teaching. The two which are best for that are the CELTA and the Cert Trinity TESOL. The Cert Trinity TESOL has the advantage that you can repeat parts if you fail whereas the CELTA is a pass-fail course. The CELTA is slightly better known and wel-respected.

I did the CELTa and have never regretted it!

21 Feb 2010     

corina2211
Spain

Thank you all for your kind answers.

Hugs,

Corina 

21 Feb 2010